Face of Australia’s Dark Side Nail Polish collection was released for winter 2014 (it’s almost spring here now- I am so ashamed at how late I am with my posts lately). The edgy, villain-inspired collection features a mix of creme finishes, glitters, and a holographic metallic shades.
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Sep 1st, 2014 in Nail Polish, Reviews, Swatches | 106260 comments. Face+of+Australia+Dark+Side+Nail+Polish+Collection2014-08-31+17%3A49%3A37myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D10626
I was reading this post on one of my favourite beauty blogs ‘Anatomy of Beauty’ last week, and I loved the bright zesty pop of green that Blanka used, made so wearable by the neutral taupe in the crease. I realised that I had not yet touched my MAC Bitter eyeshadow that I had purchased quite some time ago, and decided to take Bitter for a spin on Friday.
Bitter is a velvet finish citron-chartreuse, with sheer to medium pigmentation. I find that I need a matte white base for Bitter to show up properly on the lids- which surprised me after seeing so many super pigmented swatches of Bitter around the internetz. It’s a gorgeous colour, though, and if you’re looking for a delicate chartreuse for Spring- Bitter works wonderfully.
- L’oreal white eyeliner applied to the top mobile lid. Any white blendable eyeliner will do, the white base just helps with accentuating the vibrance and pigmentation of bright colours like the MAC Bitter eyeshadow (which is a bit on the sheer side).
- MAC Bitter Eyeshadow packed on to the upper lid close to the lashline, and applying lightly to the inner corners. I felt like I really needed to apply quite a bit of product for the colour to show up well, even with the white base.
- MAC Cork + MAC Copperplate eyeshadow blended on the upper lids past crease
- MAC Mystery eyeshadow to darken outer V
- MAC Superslick liquid eyeliner in On The Hunt (shiny black) flicked out in a cats eye on the upper lashline.
- MAC Bronzing powder in Bronze to contour cheekbones
- llamasqua Naked Rose blush applied lightly on apples.
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Aug 26th, 2014 in Chanel, Eye shadow, FOTD, MAC | 107150 comments. Citron+Pop+with+MAC+Bitter+%2B+Neutral+Face+FOTD2014-08-26+05%3A35%3A58myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D10715
I seem to be having an ongoing love affair with warm eyeshadows this year- since getting my hands on the Charlotte Tilbury The Dolce Vita eyeshadow quad, and the NARS Surabaya Eyeshadow duo, I feel like wearing nothing else but variations on reddish burgundy.
- Too Faced shadow Insurance to prime.
- Matte camel shade from Tom Ford Cocoa Mirage Quad applied all over the top lid with a fluffy brush.
- Becca Eye Tint in Gilt applied to the inner 2/3 of the upper lid, stopping before the crease.
- Yellow toned copper shade from NARS Surabaya Duo (left side) packed on to the inner 1/2 of the upper lid, and blended under inner 1/2 of the bottom lashline.
- Burgundy bronze shade from the right side of Surabaya applied heavily to the outer V, taking colour further out towards the temple, and lightly blended in crease.
- Same burgundy bronze blended under bottom lashline, concentrating colour on the outer 1/2 of bottom lid and connecting to the colour on the top lid.
- Bobbi Brown Espresso Ink Gel Eyeliner to line upper and lower lashline and waterlines.
Chanel Revelation Le Blush Creme de Chanel
Lips:myfunnyvalentine on Aug 20th, 2014 in Eye shadow, FOTD, NARS | 107080 comments. Copper+and+Burgundy+Warm+Smoky+Eye%3A+NARS+Surabaya+FOTD2014-08-20+01%3A11%3A06myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D10708
Chanel Revelation Le Blush Creme de Chanel is a medium warm petal pink when swatched, but appears a little cooler and paler on my cheeks against my skin tone. I’ve swatched Revelation below, next to Le Blush Creme in Destiny, which is a golden peach matte. It is creamy in the pan, and turns to powder when blended on skin- with a glowy delicate matte finish. Layering to build up pigmenat
Lasting power before noticable fading is about the 2-3hr mark, not quite a good as Destiny but better than most cream blushes on my skin.
I’m a big fan of the Blush Creme de Chanel, and would purchase all of them if I didn’t have that pesky mortgage.
Keep reading after the jump!Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Aug 18th, 2014 in Chanel, FOTD, Reviews, Swatches | 104720 comments. ++Chanel+Revelation+Le+Blush+Creme+de+Chanel+Review2014-08-18+05%3A10%3A27myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D10472
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, NOT Jennifer. firstname.lastname@example.org