Getting to know… Boris from MuLondon

Meet Boris: founder of the organic skin care line ‘MuLondon’, creator of one of the best rose scented moisturisers in the history of the world (reviewed here), and a lover of scary movies.

www.mulondon.com

1. How did you come up with the name MuLondon?

I had been thinking about starting my own skincare line for years, and I already had the name in my head that I was going to use – MuLondon. It sounded and felt right.

Once I got the chance to finally start my own business, the name was already there, waiting to shine! It also hints at where all the products are made. There’s more to the name, but let’s leave that for our next interview! 🙂

2. So I hear that you’re working on some new concoctions- can you give us a sneaky preview of what we can expect?

Well, of course! I’m working on a range of facial cleansers that are free from detergents – most commonly used being Sodium Laureth Sulfate and its derivatives – and preservatives like parabens and sorbates.

It’s taken a bit longer than expected, as I did not want to use palm oil-derived ingredients, due to their environmental impact, and sourcing alternatives delayed the launch. It’s a product that I have been using for quite a while, not just for cleaning my face and my hands, but also for shaving. It’s a fabulous, non-toxic, multi-purpose product. I can not use anything else now, and carry this with me when I travel. You’re going to love it!

After that, you can expect to see a line of sexy, sensuous and scrumptious body and massage oils. They will be a great complement to my existing range.

As with all my products – I will only launch something when I have thoroughly tested it myself, and if it fulfils all my strict criteria – safe, effective and concentrated.

3. Describe a day in the life of Boris ‘the head cream-whipper’

A lot of my time goes on research and development – looking for new, safe and certified organic ingredients and testing them alone or in a formula. Then there’s answering emails, updating the website and ordering supplies.

The best parts are actually making the creams – whipping them up, watching them transform and blend into something that’s more than just a sum of its parts, and filling the jars – and then shipping them off to all corners of the world. It really feels amazing that people as far as Japan and Australia are enjoying my hand-made, natural products.

5. How are MuLondon products different from the plethora of other skin care lines that claim to be ‘natural’ ?

When I say that my products are 100% natural, I really mean that. I am very strict with what I put in my products. I have absolutely no place for additives of any kind – no mineral oils, no petroleum-derived ingredients, no chemical preservatives, no bulking agents, no silicones, no solvent-extracted essential oils or herbal extracts. Only the purest, finest, active and certified organic ingredients that have not been tested on animals.

Read the ingredients list on something you find at your local health food store, cosmetics counter or supermarket, claiming to be natural. Then ask yourself these three questions:

How many of those ingredients do you recognise?
How many can you pronounce?
How many would you feel safe to eat?

keep reading after the jump!

If you ask me, it should be 100%. And with MuLondon, it is.

My products also do not contain any added water – so you get 100% active ingredients, and are not paying for something that’s heavily diluted.

In addition to that, my entire range is registered by The Vegan Society and PETA, and MuLondon is one of only 250 fully compliant members of The Campaign For Safe Cosmetics. I do not support any charities that fund or conduct animal testing, so MuLondon is a registered Humane Corporation. I’m a full member of Green America, which shows dedication to sustainability and fair labour practices throughout the whole manufacturing process.

I absolutely love creating products that are natural, safe, effective and ethical.

6. When you’re not creating, or cream whipping, what might we find you doing?

I love photography! I have a fantastic friend called Aga, who is a very inspiring and original artist. We go exploring London and taking pictures together. It relaxes me, and I see things I would have otherwise missed. It’s such an amazing, rich and diverse city.

I love movies and TV – give me a good horror to watch, and I’m happy being scared!

7. What is the most popular moisturiser in your range?

All my five moisturisers are popular, as they all have different applications and purposes, and different people like different oils and aromas which characterise each of my products. Organic Rose Moisturiser is the latest addition to my range, and it’s been a worldwide hit.

I use 100% organic ingredients to make it, and there’s only six of them: Shea Butter, Coconut Butter, Jojoba Oil, Rose Otto Essential Oil, Rosehip Extract and Rosemary Extract. The Rose Otto essential oil I use is absolutely divine, and is one of the most precious oils in the world. It’s steam distilled from organic Rose petals, which is a process that yields much less than solvent extracted Rose Absolute, but produces a much more superior, clean and solvent-free oil. Only the finest will do for my customers! The Organic Rose Moisturiser also contains certified organic Rosehip extract, which is very rich in Vitamin C and has amazing healing and scar-reducing properties. I love it, and I use this super-healing moisturiser every day!

8. What first inspired you to create the MuLondon skin care line?

I got extremely dry and sensitive eczema skin years ago. It was quite bad, and I was trying to find a way to soothe it. I looked for something natural, but I quickly found out that just because something says it’s natural, does not always mean it is. I stated reading all the labels, learning about different ingredients and their Latin names, and also their side effects. I was telling myself that I could make a better, safer moisturiser than what was available to buy, so I put my money where my mouth was and started making my own products. There was a lot of trial and error, and I did try a number of different formulas until I got to something that I was happy with. My standards have always been very, very high!

I also needed to follow my personal conviction – only use the most natural, safe and effective ingredients to make products that are outstanding. Instead of relying on scantily tested and cheap chemicals, I rely on time-proven, powerful yet safe natural alternatives. That is something that is still very much my guiding light and inspiration.

It’s wonderful when that is appreciated by others, and despite that MuLondon is only a few years old, it’s getting praises from customers, bloggers and make-up artists from around the world. My products were even used on the set of the 2010 Hollywood Blockbuster “Clash of the Titans”, and are used on sets of a few more upcoming movies. Make-up artists love to use MuLondon moisturisers on actors, to replenish moisture lost due to harsh lights, layers of make-up and prosthetics.

READER QUESTIONS!

reader Q (Maddie) – what’s the best night-time moisturiser for dry sensitive skin?

MuLondon Organic Rose Moisturiser is super-packed with healing ingredients, ideal for day or night use for dry & sensitive skin types. You just need a tiny amount, melted between your palms and gently massaged into your face before you go to sleep. Your skin will love it, and you will awaken fresh as a rose! :_)

reader Q (Dempeaux)- do you have plans to develop a range of moisturisers for body? Or a cleansing balm?

Yes and yes! Body moisturiser is something I’m looking into right now, so any suggestions, comments and requests are welcome. A cleanser is coming very soon – I think you’ll very much enjoy it!

reader Q (Hogsandwich)- how often do people say your name in a Russian accent? (I have some cheeky readers)

Ha ha – actually, not nearly as often as you’d think. We now have another Boris running London – Boris Johnson, the mayor, and as I’m the mayor of MuLondon, I think him and I should get together to help Londoners to better, more natural skin!

MuLondon products are available at www.mulondon.com

?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Posted by on May 30th, 2011 in Interview, Skincare | 48comments

48 Responses to “Getting to know… Boris from MuLondon”

1. gzymsy says:

Fantastic blog! Lots of information, news. Highly recommend. My site is profile elewacyjne invited.

2. Net Simpler says:

I just want to say thank you – http://www.netsimpler.com

3. Extermely useful post here. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with me. I will certainly be back.

4. I have been browsing online greater than three hours today, but I by no means found any interesting article like yours. It¡¦s pretty value sufficient for me. In my view, if all website owners and bloggers made excellent content material as you did, the internet will be much more useful than ever before

5. Vintønde says:

I do not even understand how I ended up here, but I believed this post used to be great. I do not realize who you’re but certainly you’re going to a famous blogger if you happen to aren’t already 😉 Cheers!

6. I’ve been reading this blog for a good while. Keep up the amazing job you’re doing here.

7. I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website yourself? Plz reply back as I’m looking to create my own blog and would like to know wheere u got this from. thanks

8. Yay google is my queen assisted me to find this great web site ! .

9. Keep up the good piece of work, I read few posts on this internet site and I believe that your website is really interesting and contains circles of superb information.

10. Keischa says:

I’m not esaliy impressed. . . but that’s impressing me! 🙂

11. I carry on listening to the newscast lecture about getting free online grant applications so I have been looking around for the finest site to get one. Could you advise me please, where could i find some?

12. hi! cool!! how about us?, Psychics Readings, thanks!!

13. We want to find out your opinion of common, day to day goods. Our clients are offering you five dollars or more for every survey you complete.
    You’ll find 100s of surveys that necessitate your input. Anybody can get involved. So if you have some leisure time, and can use some extra cash, please go to http://input.ncsall.org and get started!

14. ??? says:

Sorry for the huge review, but I’m really loving the new Zune, and hope this, as well as the excellent reviews some other people have written, will help you decide if it’s the right choice for you.

15. Comfortably, the article post is during truthfulness a hottest on this subject well known subject matter. I agree with ones conclusions and often will desperately look ahead to your . Saying thanks a lot will not just be sufficient, for ones wonderful ability in your producing. I will immediately grab ones own feed to stay knowledgeable from any sort of update versions. get the done and much success with yourbusiness results!

16. Hmm is anyone else encountering problems with the pictures on this blog loading? I’m trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it’s the blog. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

17. This site seems to recieve a good ammount of visitors. How do you get traffic to it? It gives a nice individual spin on things. I guess having something authentic or substantial to post about is the most important thing.

18. There are certainly a lot of details like that to take into consideration. That is a great point to bring up. I offer the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you bring up where the most important thing will be working in honest good faith. I don?t know if best practices have emerged around things like that, but I am sure that your job is clearly identified as a fair game. Both boys and girls feel the impact of just a moment’s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.

19. I found the gretest hydroponic store, thought everyone should know about it!

20. Flight Simulator Game says:

I like this site and it has given me some inspiration to have success, so thanks. =)

21. Bailey nate says:

fantastic 70’s music! Thank you!Designed for developing me Therefore i’m happy ! As well as, I will thankful The peaceful whole

22. and on Telemundo in the United States.

23. I’d be inclined to give carte blanche with you on this. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to speak my mind!

24. Brandi Melnik says:

Wonderful blog post, almost all of the data was definitely valuable.

25. I found the gretest hydroponic store, thought everyone should know about it!

26. used plastic bulk boxes says:

My spouse and i do not know the reason why folks disagree with this. It all makes perfect sense once you start reading the whole posting.

27. revia says:

Creo que no sois derecho.

28. Top-notch news it is actually. I’ve been awaiting for this content.

29. Dimple Andreoni says:

This is an excellent read and I completely understand where youre coming from in the second section. Great post, I’ll regularly follow your other articles.

30. ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? http://www.okakaku.com/Super-Copy-514.html

31. ???????????????????????????????????????????????????“???”??????????????????????????????????????? http://www.newkakaku.com/xinq6.htm

32. ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? http://www.fujisanbrand.com/pack/vuitton/index_6.html

33. ????????????????????????????????Microsoft?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Google??????????????????????????????????? http://www.gginza.com/%E6%99%82%E8%A8%88/%E3%83%AD%E3%83%AC%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9/daytona/07a18fdca7e3553b.html

34. ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? http://www.gginza.com/%E6%99%82%E8%A8%88/%E3%83%AD%E3%83%AC%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9/daytona/0603615e28537070.html

35. Anonymous says:

?????????????????????????(????????????)??????????????????????????????????????3?4??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? http://www.gginza.com/%E6%99%82%E8%A8%88/%E3%83%AD%E3%83%AC%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9/daytona/04e74ce5ed154d2e.html

36. Anonymous says:

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????2??????????????????1937???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? http://www.ooowatch.com/tokei/chopard/index.html

37. ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????”???”???????????…?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? http://www.wtobrand.com/sbom2.html

38. Anonymous says:

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????2013?????????????????2015????????????????????????????????2015??????????????????????????????????????????????????1????????????????????????????????????????????????????? http://www.brandiwc.com/brand-super-5-copy-0.html

39. ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????1???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? http://www.msnbrand.com/goods-copy-4780.html

40. Anonymous says:

????????????????ROLEX???????????? . 0.030248331 ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? . ????????????????????????2015?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????? : http://www.eevance.com/News/d9caa6e02c990b0a.html

41. Anonymous says:

?????????????????Cortina???????????101???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????10 – 20??????? http://www.bestevance.com/rolex/explorer/index.htm

42. ??????????N62668??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? http://www.ooowatch.com/tokei/chopard

43. Anonymous says:

????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????watney?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? http://www.ooobrand.com/bags/hermes/2248.html

44. ??????Z8??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????2?????????????????????????????Z8??????????????1??????????/??????3?????/????????????shuriken??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? http://www.ooobag.com/watch/panerai/65f31967a874d183.html

45. 2016????????? ???????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????N????????????????????????(????)!???????????!100???????????????????????? http://www.gowatchs.com/brand-193.html

46. ?????????????????????42??????????????????????????????????????????????????????4?????????????????????????????????????????0?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? http://www.gowatchs.com/brand-141.html

47. Anonymous says:

??????????????????????????????????????????2??????????????????????????????????????????;???????????????????????????????????????????????12?????300?????????????????????1?????????????1200???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? http://www.bagkakaku.com/vuitton_bag/2/N41100.html