Skin Care Saturday: Trilogy Sensitive Skin range

Very Gentle Calming Fluid

An exceptionally gentle and calming fluid designed for intolerant, easily irritated skin in need of peace, comfort and soothing hydration.

Combines natural spring water and calming extracts of Chamomile and Calendula with moisture-repairing plant oils to help calm your complexion and protect the weakened skin barrier of sensitive skin. [from Trilogy Website]

Price: $42.95 30mL

Availability: www.trilogyproducts.com , Priceline.

As a beauty/skin care blogger and a self inflicted lab rat for my DIY skin care projects, my skin is constantly exposed to lots and lots of new products and actives. Sometimes it will throw a hissyfit and I have no choice but to wait it out.

Before I tried this product, I was begrudgingly using a mild steroid (prednisone) cream on any inflammation caused by products or environmental stresses. This is less than ideal for long term use, as steroids can thin and weaken the skin when overused.

To be honest, I really wasn’t expecting to love this product (first thought was ‘what the hell is a calming fluid’) but I really really do. I would sooner part with my boyfriend George Clooney :)  than with this product.

The Very Gentle Calming Fluid is am unscented, light serum-ish lotion. When applied, it absorbs easily and leaves the skin feeling very hydrated. I honestly didn’t expect it to be so moisturising- this would be a great standalone day time summer moisturiser.

What I also noticed was that my skin felt more balanced, soothed and ‘normalised’ after using it, if I was experiencing any inflammation or red blotchiness. The Calming Fluid sort of returned it back to it’s healthy, ‘peaceful’, state.

The only downside to this product is that for a fairly basic lotion (no anti-aging actives) it is not cheap, at $42.95 for 30mL.

Full ingredient list:

Aqua (Purified Spring Water), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Cetearyl Olivate & Sorbitan Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Ormenis Multicaulis (Chamomile Flower) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (and) Gl, , Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extrac, Camilla Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin

Very Gentle Moisturising Cream

A particularly gentle moisturiser, designed to nourish, hydrate and comfort even the most sensitive and easily irritated skin.

Combines natural spring water and soothing Calendula with calming Chamomile, Evening Primrose and a plant derived Hyaluronic Acid to help smooth and hydrate your complexion. Also formulated with antioxidant Green Tea to help protect your skin from visible signs of ageing. [from Trilogy website]

price: $37.95 50mL

Keep reading after the jump!

Many moisturisers you’d find on the shelf claim to be ‘natural’ and ‘gentle’, but on reading the ingredient list there are filler ingredients like mineral oil (which has zilch nutrient content), irritants like propylene glycol, artificial fragrances, and generally nothing natural about it.

Like all of Trilogy’s products, this moisturiser really is natural. It uses skin loving oils like sweet almond and evening primrose; botanical extracts like green tea, marshmallow, and chamomile flower, and a non paraben preservative.

This is a very emollient and hydrating cream which is perfect for dry, sensitive skin. I do find that it’s quite rich, and probably best suited as a night time moisturiser.

Oily skin types would probably find this a little too heavy though, so if this is you, you’d probably prefer the Trilogy Gentle Calming Fluid instead.

Full ingredient list:Aqua (Purified Spring Water), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Olivate & Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate & Sorbitan Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Althea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Extract, Ormenis Multicaulis (Chamomile Flower) Oil, Hyaluronic Acid (Sodium Hyaluronate), Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (and) Gl, , Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extrac, Camilla Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin

note: these products were sent by PR for consideration.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Posted by on May 28th, 2011 in Skincare | 21comments

Tags:

21 Responses to “Skin Care Saturday: Trilogy Sensitive Skin range”

1. Green Tea Skin says:

[…] Skin Care Saturday: Trilogy Sensitive Skin range | My Funny Valentine It uses skin loving oils like sweet almond and evening primrose; botanical extracts like green tea marshmallow, and chamomile flower, and a non paraben preservative. This is a very emollient and hydrating cream which is […]

2. Natural Sensitive Skin says:

[…] Skin Care Saturday: Trilogy Sensitive Skin range | My Funny Valentine Combines natural spring water and calming extracts of Chamomile and Calendula with moisture-repairing plant oils to help calm your complexion and protect the weakened skin barrier of sensitive skin [from Trilogy Website […]

3. Chamomile Flower Extract says:

[…] Skin Care Saturday: Trilogy Sensitive Skin range | My Funny Valentine It uses skin loving oils like sweet almond and evening primrose; botanical extracts like green tea, marshmallow, and chamomile flower and a non paraben preservative. Acid (Sodium Hyaluronate), Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (and) Gl, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extrac, Camilla Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin […]

4. Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive learn anything like this before. So nice to seek out someone with some original ideas on this subject. realy thanks for beginning this up. this web site is one thing that’s wanted on the web, someone with just a little originality. helpful job for bringing something new to the web!

5. ??? says:

Your style is so unique compared to many other people. Thank you for publishing when you have the opportunity,Guess I will just make this bookmarked,2

6. An interesting dialogue is value comment. I think that you need to write extra on this matter, it may not be a taboo subject but typically people are not sufficient to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers

7. Aarunya Prakash says:

This is the reason I keep returning to this site. I cant believe how many entries I missed since my last visit!

8. I am not certain where you’re getting your info, but great topic. I needs to spend some time finding out more or figuring out more. Thank you for wonderful information I was in search of this info for my mission.

9. There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you made certain nice points in features also.

10. mmabet says:

myfunnyvalentineblog.com is amazing, bookmarked!

mma betting

11. Art Rental says:

Good Day! My name is Ghea. I just want to thank you for this post. My friend saw this site and she encourages me to view this page. Well, i do not regret going here to think that your works are quite interesting and informative. Thanks for nice blog! Keep safe.

12. Excellent way of explaining, and pleasant article to get data on the topic of my presentation subject matter, which i
    am going to present in university.

13. […] it is lighter than their Ultra Hydrating Cream (which is more like a balm), but richer than their Very Gentle Calming Fluid […]

14. ???????? says:

Hi, aftеr reaⅾіng tҺiѕ геmагκɑƅlе paгaǥгɑрɦ i ɑm аⅼѕօ chеerful tо ѕҺаrе mу fɑmilіarіtү ɦеге աitҺ
    matеѕ.

15. [url=http://www.gowatchs.com/brand-177.html]??????????????????????????????????? . 0.059888474 ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? . ????????????????????? (N??)?????!??????!???????????????????????????????????????![/url]

16. Anonymous says:

[url=http://www.gginza.com/%E6%99%82%E8%A8%88/%E3%83%AD%E3%83%AC%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9/daytona/8cc724a5a792d955.html]?????????? ??????????????????????????????1???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/url]

17. [url=http://www.gowatchs.com/brand-141.html]?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/url]

18. Anonymous says:

[url=http://www.eevance.com/News/d9caa6e02c990b0a.html]????????Serpent Calendar???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????;??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Serpent???????????????????????????????Speake-Marin?????????????[/url]

19. Anonymous says:

[url=http://www.wtobrand.com/lv20.html]??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????30?????????????????????????2 . 2??2010??????5????????[/url]

20. [url=http://www.fujisanbrand.com/pack/shf/index.html]????????????? ???????????????2322v2?????????2322??????????????????????????2322????????????????????????????????????????350???????168???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/url]

21. [url=http://www.eevance.com/tokei/vuitton]?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????? ????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/url]

22. Anonymous says:

[url=http://www.newkakaku.com/cdq1.htm]?clé?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????clé?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/url]

23. [url=http://www.bagkakaku.com/vuitton_bag/2/N41541.html]??????????????????????7?????????????????????????????????????2 . 5?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Audemars Piguet???????180???????????????????????????????????????????????Millenary?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/url]