It was a sad day when I finished my pot of my Urban Rituelle Lemongrass Botanical Body Scrub (reviewed here) It had the most amazing scent- Lemongrass, Lemon Myrtle and Grapefruit.
I experimented with the ingredients to get a more ‘scoopable’ (less sloppy) consistency than the Urban Rituelle scrub, and added a little bit of emulsifier so that it would rinse off cleaner rather than leaving behind the residue that I noticed with the original.
Step by step instructions:
1. Measure out your non heat sensitive ingredients- Cetyl Alcohol, the oils, polysorbate 80 and butters in a heat proof container.
2. Gently heat this in a saucepan of water until everything just melts.
3. Once everything is melted and mixed together, cool the mixture in the fridge until it goes semi solid.
keep reading after the jump!
4. Stir the semi solid oil/butter mix and incorporate your essential oils, vitamin E and optiphen.
5. Add your sugar.
6. Try and hold back from eating your new body scrub!
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Jul 19th, 2011 in DIY Skin Care | 9760 comments. DIY+Macadamia+Butter+and+Lemongrass+Sugar+Body+Scrub2011-07-19+08%3A23%3A15myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D976
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com email@example.com
NARS Anita Audacious lipstick: review
Bridesmaid look #1 : earthy greige eyes, pink lips
Jane Iredale Getaway Palette, Peach Forever Lip and Cheek Tint, Espresso Jelly Jar: Review
Straight No Chaser: Hobart (wedding errands and scallop pies)
Sisley Mystery 4 Ombre Eyeshadow Palette and Lip Twist in Chestnut: Review