NARS Outremer single eyeshadow was released as part of NARS Fall 2011 collection (modelled by the beautiful Mariacarla Boscono in the promo images). This is one of my favourite collections from NARS in recent times and I’ve also gotten my greedy little hands on the Grand Palais eyeshadow duo which will be reviewed soon.
Price: $23 USD, $45 AUD
Availability: NARS counters worldwide, Mecca Cosmetica Australia (although I’m not sure when the release date is for Australia), www.narscosmetics.com
NARS Outremer eye shadow is a stunning matte electric blue that applies true to pan. Pigmentation is medium on the first layer but builds up dramatically to the colour you see in the promo image.
Like many of the NARS matte eye shadows I’ve played with, Outremer has a slightly chalky texture and is quite difficult to blend. Nothing a little bit of patience and layering can’t fix, but for an eyeshadow that they charge $45 for in Australia I would have hoped for a silkier texture.
Keep reading after the jump!
- NARS Outremer single eyeshadow all over mobile lid and winged out
- MAC Brule eyeshadow to blend harsh/uneven edges
- Urban Decay Sin eyeshadow from Naked Palette as inner corner highlight and near tear duct area.
- MAC Blacktrack Fluidline on top lashline
- Ardell Fashion Lashes
- MAC Blushbaby blush
- MAC Golden bronzer to contour cheeks
- NARS Tzigane lipstick (part of the NARS Spring 2011 collection)
You know you’re a child of the 80s when you find yourself humming this tune when you think about NARS Outremer
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Sep 21st, 2011 in Eye shadow, FOTD, NARS | 18310 comments. It%27s+all+over+you%2C+electric+blue%3A+NARS+Outremer+eyeshadow2011-09-21+08%3A51%3A10myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D1831