It’s that time of the year again. The dust has settled from the Spring/Summer Ready To Wear Fashion Week runways, leaving me to greedily pore over all the backstage photos.
Here are my favourite looks-
I loved the smudgey copper gold and black smokey eye that Lisa Butler created for this Emilio Pucci show using MAC cosmetics. It’s equal parts gypsy wanderer, and rich girl on a luxury yacht.
• Smolder Eye Kohl – applied through the upper lashline, waterline and lower lashline, with extra depth at the inner and outer corner of eyes.
• Blitz and Glitz Fluidline – smudged through Smolder Eye Kohl around lashes.
• Venetian Tarnish Metal X Cream Shadow – applied over the upper and lower eyelids with fingers, being sure to not over blend.
• Zoomblack Zoom Lash Mascara – applied through both upper and lower lashes to define.
• Hush Hush Tendertone Lip Balm (available Spring/Summer 2012) – dabbed over eyelids during line-up at first looks.
keep reading after the jump!
To me this look perfectly distills the feel of summer. Minimalistic and clean; and so so glowy.
• Pure Color EyeShadow Palette in Yellow shade (#5) used (launching January 2012)
• Pure Color Gelée Powder EyeShadow in Cyber Copper (launching November 2011)
• Pure Color Gelée Powder EyeShadow in Cyber Green (launching November 2011)
• Pure Color Intense Kajal EyeLiner in Blackened Olive (launching November 2011)
• Sumptuous Extreme Mascara in Extreme Copper
• Pure Color Gloss in Citron Kiss (launching January 2012)
Tom Pecheux for Estee Lauder
Another Tom Pecheux masterpiece. We’ve seen him use a lot of orange, reds, and pinks on the runway in the last few seasons and he certainly likes the graphic orange liner (the look he created for Derek Lam S/S 2011 was almost identical to this one).
One of these days I’m going to get my hands on a burnt orange liner and do this look.
Lucia Peironi creates another one of her fabulous soft focus ‘wine stained’ lips using MAC Lip Pencils in Brick and Burgundy. I really like how she concentrates the colour in the center of the lip. The cheek colour is MAC Russian Red lipstick applied sheerly with fingers to the apples of the cheeks- another typical Lucia Peironi move.
*note: all images are from www.style.com
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Oct 16th, 2011 in Miscellaneous, Runway | 19500 comments. The+Edit%3A+beauty+looks+from+Spring+Summer+2012+runways2011-10-16+03%3A08%3A26myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D1950
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Paula’s Choice Berry & Bright Lip Collection: Review and Swatches
September Beauty Favourites: NARS, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Jojoba Company, and more
MUSQ Skincare Reviewed: Hand Wash and Face & Body Exfoliant
Rouge Bunny Rouge Umber Firefinch Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review, FOTD
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review