A month ago Once upon a time.. a handful of beauty bloggers discovered their true calling over a twitter conversation through a mysterious spiritual meeting.
They realized that they were entrusted with the important task of reigniting your love affair with red lipstick. With stealth.
Our motto? Red lipstick is not an indulgence- it’s a necessity.
-MAC Blacktrack Fluidline to fill in the ‘mask’
- Chanel Illusion D’Ombre in Mirifique on the nose bridge part of the mask to give a satin look to the mask.
- Illamasqua Ore Pigment to trace the top and bottom border fo the mask
- MAC Blacktrack Fluidline on top lashline
- Clinique High Impact Mascara
- MAC Chromagraphic pencil in NC15/NW20 on bottom waterline
- MAC Posie Blushcreme blended from high points of cheeks to the bottom of the mask
- Revlon Colorburst Lipstick ‘Coral’ applied under the bottom edge of the ‘mask’ and blended to deepen the blush. Reviewed and swatched here.
* I don’t know how I came up with these crazy feverish cheeks. I guess I was aiming for something a little bit different- a little bit couture, and a little bit comic book heroine.
- ‘MFV Scarlet’ OCC custom lip tar mix all over the lips
- ‘Black Cherry’ OCC custom lip tar mix in the center of lips.
Okay, so I realised that I didn’t use a traditional lipstick formula. *shrugs*
Keep reading after the jump!
And my handsome but easily distracted side-kick: Bandit Diz
The first wave of Lipstick Bandits:
The Bandits since then:
I hope you enjoyed reading about the Legend of the Lipstick Bandits! I’m on my way to check out the new wave of Bandits that have since joined the tribe.
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Oct 31st, 2011 in Dizzy, FOTD, Illamasqua, Lipstick, Uncategorized | 26200 comments. The+legend+of+the+masked+Lipstick+Bandits2011-10-31+11%3A00%3A14myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D2620
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com email@example.com