I hope that you’re all enjoying the festive season so far. The Lipstick Bandits around the world have come together to bring you some holiday sparkles.
– Two Faced Shadow Insurance all over lid to prime.
– Rouge Bunny Rouge Abyssinian Catbird eye shadow on mobile lid (reviewed and swatched here)
– Urban Decay ‘Hustle’ eye shadow from Naked Palette to darken outer third of top lid.
– Urban Decay ‘Sin’ eye shadow from Naked Palette inner corner highlight.
– MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
– MAC Peaches powder blush
– MAC Redd lip liner
– Chanel Gabrielle Rouge Coco lipstick (apply, then blot the excess)
– MAC Dazzleglass in Get Rich Quick on top of Gabrielle on the middle of lips.
I haven’t worn Chanel Rouge Coco Gabrielle in too long- it’s the perfect true red with that gorgeous silky Rouge Coco texture. I used Get Rich Quick for the festive gold and green sparkles which I think works nicely with the old gold undertones of Abyssinian Catbird.
I gotta be honest- these lips are not exactly low maintenance. You will need to check on your teeth every 15minutes minimum, and kissing is out of the question O_o.
Check out what the other Lipstick Bandits have in store for your lips!
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Dec 28th, 2011 in Chanel, FOTD, Lip Gloss, Lipstick, Lipstick Bandits, MAC | 33420 comments. Lipstick+Bandits+gets+you+party+ready%3A+a+red+sparkly+lip+FOTD2011-12-28+01%3A58%3A43myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D3342
As the summer weather continues to heat up, the Blitz Box from the Hairhouse Warehouse contains a number of products to help keep your hair protected while you enjoy the great outdoors.
Hairhouse Warehouse has very generously donated 5 Blitz Boxes to 5 lucky My Funny Valentine readers.
The ‘must have for summer’ Blitz Box contains:
How to enter:
1. For two entries, ‘Like’ My Funny Valentine on Facebook: Find us here http://www.facebook.com/Mfunnyvalentine and leave a comment below with your email (so I can contact the 5 lucky winners) AND facebook name. If you prefer, you can email those details to me instead email@example.com
2. For one extra entry and tweet about this giveaway (using the tweet button at the end of this post), and tag me @Jfunnyvalentine.
3. For a whopping 4 extra entries put a link to the giveaway on your sidebar or blog post (please include the link to this in your comment below you can add this in another comment later if you wish)
The competition is open to Australian residents only and will run until midnight 10th of January 2012 Sydney time. I will draw the winner using a random number generator and email the winner by the 11th of January.Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Dec 26th, 2011 in Miscellaneous | 35021 commentMFV+Hairhouse+Warehouse+Blitz+Box+GIVEAWAY-+5+boxes+up+for+grabs%212011-12-26+00%3A01%3A55myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D3502
I think we’re somewhere around week 6 into Healthy Summer, and the last two weeks consisted of several epic fails but thankfully also some Win.
The weekend before the last one was not good for Healthy Summer. I was in Sydney for 3 days, and when I’m in Sydney I always feel the need to eat my bodyweight worth of the following…
… which is fantastic at the time, but when I’m eating those things all day long I end up so lethargic, bloated, and completely uincapable of getting anything done.
If that wasn’t bad enough, I did what I always do on the weekend- drink way too much. Not only does this mean that exercise was out of the question, but I was so incredibly tired on tuesday morning when I had to drive from Sydney to Lithgow at 7am that the only thing that could stop me from microsleeping (two cups of coffee and a red bull didn’t work) was taking up cigarettes again for the morning (TSK TSK). It took me two days after that to pull myself together. Slippery slope!
Thankfully after the naughty weekend (ok, by weekend I really mean about 5 days lol), it was business as usual.
To help get the ball rolling for the half marathon I want to do in 2012, I’ve signed up for a 10km road race in January with the Sydney Marathon Clinic. It’s very soon so I’m not expecting to get a competitive time- the goal is to have something concrete to work towards in the not too distant future, and also to get used to races (I haven’t really done a proper race since early high school. The City 2 Surf, which I didn’t really train for and barely made through alive, doesn’t count).
2 weeks ago, I decided that if I’m going to be running 4+ a week, then I had better learn how to do it properly- running is high impact and the last thing I want to do is destroy my joints and ligaments with poor technique and footwear.
keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Dec 20th, 2011 in lifestyle and health, Uncategorized | 33371 commentHealthy+Summer+2011%2F2012%3A+Part+42011-12-20+05%3A22%3A15myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D3337
Tags: Healthy Summer
After experiencing the magic that is Chanel Illusion D’Ombre Mirifique, I had to get my greedy little hands on more. I wanted to get all the Illusion D’Ombres but my sensible side talked me into getting just two (I was so close to picking up Epatant but decided it was too close a dupe of my Lancome Erika F eye shadow to justify the purchase).
My bestie was in San Fran a few weeks ago so he was kind enough to pick these up for me (thanks Ken!)
Price: 48AUD AUS rrp , 36 USD US rrp.
Availability: Chanel counters worldwide.
keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Dec 19th, 2011 in Eye shadow, Reviews, Swatches | 344214commentsMy+new+sparkles%3A+Chanel+Illusion+D%27Ombre+Illusoire+and+Ebloui2011-12-19+02%3A31%3A10myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D3442
Tags: Chanel Illusion D'Ombre
Every time I use my Fyrinnae shadows I’m reminded of just how much I love them. The colours have depth and complexity, pigmentation is always amazing, and they are so silky and finely milled. I’ve managed to finally get onto their website and make another order of shadows recently (including two backups of their AMAZING taupe shadow ‘Beholder’). I can hardly wait until they arrive!
– Soleo Organics All Natural Sunscreen (reviewed here as part of my Summer Series). I like how it gives me a glowiness underneath my foundation on days when my skin is parched.
– NARS Sheer Glow Fiji foundation
– Two Faced Shadow Insurance to prime lids
– Fyrinnae eyeshadow ‘Samhain Spirits’ (swatch and review here) on mobile lid
– Urban Decay Buck eyeshadow from the Naked Palette blended in crease.
– Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Skinny Jeans smudged along bottom lashline
– Makeup Forever HD Blush in PDA (review coming!)
– Chantecaille Lip Chic Zinnia (review, swatches, and FOTD here)
Hope you liked the look!Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Dec 12th, 2011 in FOTD | 33500 comments. Earth+tones+with+Fyrinnae+and+Chantecaille%3A+a+weekend+FOTD2011-12-12+06%3A58%3A10myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D3350
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Paula’s Choice Berry & Bright Lip Collection: Review and Swatches
September Beauty Favourites: NARS, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Jojoba Company, and more
MUSQ Skincare Reviewed: Hand Wash and Face & Body Exfoliant
Rouge Bunny Rouge Umber Firefinch Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review, FOTD
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review