As much as I love all the sheer glossy lipstick/gloss hybrids that are coming through collection after collection, it’s refreshing and exciting to see Chanel create a beautiful matte lipstick.
I really love La Ravissante for it’s versatility, it’s feather-light silky texture, and the fact that it’s like summer in lipstick form (which is coming in useful since we’re not really getting Summer in weather form this year).
Matte grapefruit coral. Looks amazing worn bold, or patted onto the lips for a soft kissable coral stain.
It’s not a moisturising lipstick by any means, but for a matte lipstick I don’t find it drying on my lips. Glides on silky and evenly.
The wear time of Chanel La Ravissante Rouge Allure Velvet is outstanding. At the 4hr mark it’s still visible as a soft stain, which is impressive for such a light colour.
Don’t miss the FOTD- keep reading after the jump!
- Two Faced Shadow Insurance all over lids to prime
- MAC Embark eyeshadow blended on mobile lid to crease, and smudged under lower lashline.
- Fyrinnae Sacred loose eyeshadow on inner 1/3rd of bottom lashline, and lightly applied on the centre of top lid.
- MAC Posie Blushcreme (discontinued, sorry folks) on apples of cheeks.
- MAC ‘Golden’ powder bronzer to contour.
- Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in (32) La Ravissante
I hardly wear bronzer normally, but I think that with coral lipsticks bronzer it is a must. It’s just one of those magic combinations- like rocket + parmesan, gin + tonic, movies + popcorn.Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Jan 29th, 2012 in Chanel, FOTD, Lipstick | 34151 commentSummer+Lovin%27+%3A+Chanel+La+Ravissante+Rouge+Allure+Velvet++review%2C+swatches%2C+and+FOTD2012-01-29+10%3A41%3A34myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D3415