Sorry I’ve been missing in action lately. I had a very lazy holiday period, and when I was rested and ready to blog up a storm- My Funny Valentine came down with a mysterious case of trojan flu. Yes, again (FML).
For a few terrifying days I actually thought that I would have to either give up on the MFV for good, or move back to blogspot. Thankfully, Sarah from Dempeaux came to the rescue (well, technically her programmer boyfriend did) and we found 4 separate lines of malicious code lurking … maliciously?.. in my theme files.
I want to say a heartfelt THANK YOU to all the lovely readers that tweeted and emailed me letting me know what the situation was on their end- what would I do without you guys?
[edit: less than 5hrs after publishing this post, Sarah from Dempeaux and her programmer boyfriend alerted me to the fact that there were suddenly hundreds of malicious lines of code on my blog seeded across a number of blog files- they were being churned out by some sort of Russian virus hiding in my TimThumb plugin files. Sarah’s boyfriend was kind enough to nurse my poor little blog back to health last night- I can’t thank them enough.]
So now that we’re back on track- here is a FOTD that I had been wearing quite a bit lately (I’m pretty sure I wore this on NYE) . It’s a plummy taupey soft smokey eye with a bit of Illusion D’Ombre shimmer.
– Two Faced Shadow Insurance all over lid to prime
– Chanel Illusion D’Ombre in Illusoire (review and swatches here) blended with fingers on mobile lid to crease, and applied with a pencil brush to the inner third of lower lid.
– Smashbox Cabernet eyeshadow (deep matte eggplant purple) blended below bottom lashline, and outer V.
– MAC Omega eyeshadow (matte light warm beige/grey- greige??) blended in crease. Reviewed and swatched here .
– Stila Smudge Pot in Black on upper lashline and bottom waterline (this product outperforms all others on my waterline- not kidding)
-Rouge Bunny Rouge Gracilis powder blush dusted on apples of cheeks
– Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in ‘Boy‘
* For a bit of extra glow I’ve also dusted Bobbi Brown Shimmer Wash eyeshadow in Champagne to highlight my cupid’s bow (above lip) and down the centre of my nose).
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Jan 12th, 2012 in Chanel, FOTD, Miscellaneous | 35140 comments. Taupe+and+Purple%3A+A+FOTD+featuring+Chanel+Illusion+D%27Ombre+Illusoire+2012-01-12+05%3A25%3A37myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D3514
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Paula’s Choice Berry & Bright Lip Collection: Review and Swatches
September Beauty Favourites: NARS, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Jojoba Company, and more
MUSQ Skincare Reviewed: Hand Wash and Face & Body Exfoliant
Rouge Bunny Rouge Umber Firefinch Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review, FOTD
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review