It’s ridiculous of me to think I can suggest a makeup look for anyone’s first date.
Everyone has a different style, and I think that you should look like yourself on a date- and if you’re into bold, crazy makeup looks every other day, your first date shouldn’t be any different. And god knows I haven’t had a ‘first date’ for years…
But I can’t think of another title for this post- so it stays.
I was delighted to rediscover an unopened NARS Chihuahua lipgloss that I had purchased over 6 months ago totally forgotten about (it was languishing in my basket of things I needed to photograph and review). For the past week or so I have been using this pretty much every day, and I can’t believe I ever lived without it.
NARS Chihuahua lip gloss is a medium petal pink which is pigmented enough to show up quite well on my darkish lips, and is one of the few light pinks out there that don’t make me look like a hooker (always a plus on a date!). It’s non-sticky, feels luxuriously cushiony on the lips, and has a pretty decent wear time for a light coloured gloss.
- Two Faced Shadow Insurance to prime lids.
- MAC Quite Natural Paint Pot (swatched here) smudged on mobile lid to crease.
- MAC Omega eyeshadow to blend out harsh edges
- Fyrinnae ‘Beholder’ (the perfect PERFECT taupe) on top of the paint pot, on mobile lid. swatched here.
- Stila Smudgepot Matte Brown to line bottom lashline (nothing on waterline for once)
- Urban Decay ‘Buck’ eyeshadow from Naked Palette (reviewed here) smudged underneath the Stila Smudgepot.
- Urban Decay ‘Sin’ eyeshadow (shimmery pink champagne) from Naked palette on inner corners.
- Bobbi Brown gel liner in ‘Ink’ to line top lashline.
- MAC ‘Golden’ Bronzer to contour
- MAC ‘Gingerly‘ Blush on apples
- NARS Chihuahua lipgloss
What would you wear on a first/second/third date? I’d love to know!Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Feb 27th, 2012 in FOTD, Lip Gloss, NARS | 39870 comments. First+Date+Makeup...+%28or+not%29%3A+FOTD+feat.+NARS+Chihuahua+Lip+Gloss2012-02-27+05%3A00%3A28myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D3987
I’ve been harping on about how much I’ve been loving these bath salts on twitter, and just wanted to show you guys what they actually look like.
Pretty aren’t they?
I’ve gone from someone who never takes baths, to a bath addict because of these. They are the best thing after a long run, or after someone’s just beat the crap out of you at boxing class.
Price: Australian Macrobiotic Sea Salt Crystals $14.90 AUD , Magnesium Bath Salts: $29.90 AUD
note: these products were gifts from echolife.com.auPosted by myfunnyvalentine on Feb 26th, 2012 in lifestyle and health, Skincare | 39730 comments. Echolife+macrobiotic+bath+salts%212012-02-26+08%3A42%3A46myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D3973
In a few days time, Google will be removing Google Friend Connect subscription services from self hosted blogs like this one. What this means for readers that currently follow My Funny Valentine on GFC is that sometime next week my posts will no longer show up on your Google Reader.
Believe me, there has been much gnashing of teeth and shaking of fists me over this issue.
How to continue receiving updates:
1. If you use Google Reader, all you need to do is click the big red ‘Subscribe’ button on the top left of your google reader page, and type in ‘My Funny Valentine’ to search for this blog. Then when the results are listed, you simply click ‘subscribe’ to my post feed!
2. Subscribe to my RSS feed .
3. Follow me on Bloglovin.
4. Follow me on Twitter.
5. Follow me on Facebook. I’ve recently created a page for MFV, and also am lurking on facebook as Jenny MFV. It will be a mixture of blog updates and bits & pieces from my everyday life which don’t make it onto blog posts.
6. Come to my doorstep with a bottle of wine.
Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. I was thinking of creating email newsletters as a way of updating readers on posts- what do you guys think? Yay or nay?
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Feb 24th, 2012 in Uncategorized | 39551 commentImportant+announcement+for+my+GFC+subscribers%212012-02-24+08%3A30%3A14myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D3955
The Fall Ready To Wear fashion week shows are always my favourites. Here are the beauty looks that have made it into my inspiration folder- hope you enjoy these as much as I did!
Another reason to pull out my MAC Club eyeshadow, which is currently collecting dust. I realise I haven’t gone anywhere near green/emerald/peacock toned eyeshadows for a long time- and I think that trying this makeup look for a FOTD would be the best way to correct the situation.
Makeup artist Diane Kendal was working within a similar cross section of warrior-meets-old school glamour, which manifested itself into a strong, diffused, emerald-green eye. “It’s Ming dynasty and 1940′s Hollywood,” Kendal said while building up lids using MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Tealo to create a base for its Eye Kohl in Minted, a light green, that she layered through the crease.
To add texture and dimension, Kendal blended MAC Eyeshadow in Club and its Pigment in Kelly Green outward toward the temple before tracing the lash line with its Eye Kohl in Blooz, a dark blue, and a black cream liner to extend the elongated shape of the pigments. “The actual shape is the Hollywood part,” Kendal said of the classic cat’s-eye silhouette. MAC Haute and Naughty Mascara amplified top lashes only, while lips were left bare, save for a touch of its emollient Lip Conditioner.
* Pink Swoon Sheertone Powder Blush — highlights apple of cheek
* MAC Pro Marine Ultra and Landscape Green Chromagraphic Pencils — blended together and smudged into the upper lashline and upwards into the crease
* Minted Eye Kohl — blended into the crease for a highlighting effect
* MAC Pro Kelly Green Pigment and Club Eye shadow — blended over the shape to add texture and dimension to the eye
* Blooz Eye Kohl — sketched into the lashline to extend the eye
* Black Crème Liner — delicately applied to deepen lashes and accentuate the lashline
* Haute & Naughty Black Mascara — applied through the upper lashes
* Lip Conditioner SPF 15 — hydrates and provides the lip with a natural shine
Love the romantic yet edgy look that NARS created for Creatures of the Wind. Glossy lids FTW!
image from www.makeupforlife.net
The makeup looks on the Burberry Prorsum Fall RTW runways this year looks like they came straight off a Burberry magazine advertisement- you have the taupe brown smokey eye, neutral lips, and a ‘desaturated’, sepia look to the colour palette. So simple but I adore it.
keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Feb 24th, 2012 in Runway | 39150 comments. The+Edit%3A+beauty+looks+from+Fall+2012+runways2012-02-24+06%3A09%3A00myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D3915
In the latest instalment of Lipstick Bandit collaboration posts, we’ve decided to lure all the lipgloss addicts out there to the dark side with
cookies a great starter lipstick.
One of the first lippies I really fell in love with, and one that I think would be a great start to any lipstick collection is NARS Gipsy. It’s a beautiful sheer raspberry with a subtle glossiness- enough colour to brighten up the face but easily wearable for the lipstick shy.
- NARS Sheer Glow foundation in Fiji
- Two Faced Shadow Insurance all over lids to prime.
- MAC Quite Natural Paint Pot blended with a finger on mobile lid and a smudged under bottom lash line.
- Urban Decay ‘Buck’ eyeshadow from Naked Palette to blend edges.
- MAC Blacktrack Fluidline to line.
- MAC Posie Blushcreme
-NARS Gipsy Lipstick
For swatches and more, keep reading after the jump!Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Feb 20th, 2012 in FOTD, Lipstick | 38852commentsStart+me+up%3A+NARS+Gipsy+Sheer+Lipstick2012-02-20+12%3A50%3A35myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D3885
Tags: Lipstick Bandits
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Straight No Chaser: Chop Shop, Braddon
Face of Australia Lip Paint: Review and Swatches
Jurlique Nutri- Define with Biosome5: Facial Serum and Day Cream Reviewed
Metallic Sunset Eyes: Gucci S/S 2014 inspired FOTD
Sulphate Free Skincare: Vanessa Megan Lemon & Eucalyptus Handwash and Lemon & Rosemary Cleanser