I’ve reloaded my makeup blog sale to further whittle down my makeup collection in preparation for the big move.
Blog sale rules…
1. The sale will work on a first come, first served basis. Email me on jenny @ myfunnyvalentineblog.com listing the items you wish to purchase, and include your PayPal email address.
2. I accept PayPal only. All prices are listed in Australian dollars.
3. All sales are final (no returns). Ask me any questions you have about the product before offering to purchase.
4. I will ship the items within 3 working days of your completed (not pending) payment through PayPal.
5. I am more than happy to combine shipping for orders made within 24hrs of each other (ie. if you forgot to add an item which is still available, email me within 24hrs and I’ll recalculate the shipping).
6. I cannot be held responsible for any items that are lost or damaged during transit. All items will be packaged securely.
7. Shipping within Australia is $6.20 for 1-3 items, $8 for 4+ items. International shipping is $11 for the first 1-3 items, $15 for 4+ items. Makeup items SHIP FREE when you combine with purchase of 2+ items of clothing (from the clothes sale here).
note: All items are genuine and purchased by me. I do not sell products sent to me by PR.
Rouge Bunny Rouge Gracilis Blush: Used 5-6X $20 UK RRP £25.00
Illamasqua Cream Blush Libido: used 10-15x with hardly a dip in the product: $20. AUS RRP $42
Becca Lost Weekend Palette including brush, used 4-6X : $40, rrp $65 Laura Mercier Metallic Creme Eye Colour: Gold. 90% left $20
Laura Mercier Satinee Creme Eye Colour Rum Satin. 90% left $20
AUS rrp $44
keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Apr 30th, 2012 in Uncategorized | 46621 commentMakeup+Blog+Sale+Reloaded%212012-05-01+00%3A32%3A48myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D4662
Currently sitting on a tram in Melbourne and about to meet with some lovely Melbourne bloggers for lunch. I’ve been here since Wednesday for a mini holiday with le bf, and to start apartment hunting. God I love this place.
Anyway, I thought I would share a bronzey eye + red lip makeup look which I drafted before the trip. This look mostly uses products from the Illamasqua Human Fundamentalism collection, which I reviewed in my last post. This was what I was wearing in my (very first) youtube video.
- Lancome Teinte Idol Ultra foundation
- Two Faced Shadow Insurance to prime
- MUFE Waterproof HD Brow corrector to fill in brows. (see my youtube demo here)
- ‘Vintage’ eyeshadow from the Illamasqua Human Fundamentalism Neutral Palette (swatched here) blended all over mobile to to crease, and smudged below bottom lashline.
- ‘Buck’ eyeshadow from Urban Decay Naked Palette to blend out harsh lines above crease. (swatched here)
- ‘Wolf’ eyeshadow from the Illamasqua Human Fundamentalism Neutral Palette blended on mobile lid on top of Vintage, stopping before the crease. I also applied this on half of the bottom lashline closest to the inner corner.
- ‘Obsidian’ eyeshadow from the Neutral Palette to darken outer third of upper and lower lids.
- MAC Blacktrack Fluidline on waterline and top lashline.
- ‘Sin’ eyeshadow from Urban Decay Naked palette to highlight inner corners of the eyes.
- Illamasqua Androgen Cream pigment blended into apples.
- MAC Golden Bronzer to contour
- Illamasqua ‘Vintage’ eyeshadow from the Neutral Palette to deepen contour (yup you read right).
- MAC Cherry Lip Pencil to define
- Illamasqua Box lipstick
I apologize for the radio silence the last few days. I didn’t bring my laptop this trip but will get back home on Tuesday night.Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Apr 28th, 2012 in FOTD, Illamasqua | 47251 commentBronze+smoky+eye+and+red+lips%3A+a+Human+Fundamentalism+FOTD2012-04-28+03%3A12%3A30myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D4725
“Human Fundamentalism is the unique spirit and fundamental human drive for individuality. It’s a belief, a movement and an emotion. A connection with the spirit of the age and its global motifs. You are your own human hybrid, a unique nomad of street cultures and global trends.” Alex Box
The Illamasqua Theatre of the Nameless collection was a hard one to top, but as usual Illamasqua has done it again. I was very lucky to be sent a selection of the Illamasqua Human Fundamentalism collection to review.
What a collection! If you haven’t seen the breathtaking promo images from this collection, I highly suggest that you take a look at www.illamasqua.com.
The Neutral Palette includes…
Stealth is a matte warm white that applies quite sheerly. Not a colour I can see myself using very often.
Vintage is a matte dark chocolate brown, that is fairly pigmented and blends easily. Quite similar in colour to MAC Mystery eyeshadow, but has a silkier texture than Mystery.
Obsidian is a matte black, and my new favourite black eyeshadow. It’s the darkest/most pigmented black I own, and blends beautifully (unlike MAC Carbon, which is a chalky, patchy mess).
Wolf is an antique gold with an olive undertone. It’s not super frosty or metallic but has a gorgeous satiny shimmer. It’s pigmented, buttery smooth, and such a versatile colour.
price: $78 AUD
Scribe Precision Ink is a stark white eye liner, which is completely opaque in 2 layers and resembles white correction fluid.
I. LOVE. THIS.
Not something that I would use every day, but it’s great for an editorial type look, or if you want to create a look that’s a little bit dramatic/raving mad. Like below.
Price: $43.50 AUD
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Apr 22nd, 2012 in Eye shadow, Illamasqua, Lipstick, Reviews, Swatches | 45621 commentIllamasqua+Human+Fundamentalism+Review%3A+Neutral+Palette%2C+Scribe%2C+Box%2C+Skin+Base+01+2012-04-22+10%3A38%3A10myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D4562
Escape from the ordinary with the Lost Weekend Palette. This limited edition 3-hole eye colour palette washes eyes in earthy tones of nude, fawn and tan, in a combination of velvet matte and soft shimmer formulas.
Availability: David Jones , www.beccacosmetics.com
After seeing this review on Modesty Brown on the Becca Lost Weekend Palette late last year, I was intrigued by this palette- particularly the colour ‘Moire’ , because I have a weakness for dusty rose browns. I finally caved and purchased the Lost Weekend Palette a couple of months ago.
- Chino :
A matte wheat beige, which is very similar to my skin tone. Applied all over my lid it brightens it slightly, but is otherwise almost invisible.
A matte golden brown, and the most pigmented out of the three. It’s like a slightly darker version of MAC Cork, but has a much nicer texture. Buttery soft, silky, and looks wonderful on the eyes.
A satin/soft shimmer rosey fawn brown that gives me a sort of flushed ‘English Rose’ type look (which I’m very fond of). The colour is perfection, and the texture is silky, but a little too sheer for my liking.
Overall I still think this palette is something special and would suit paler skin tones, but I’m a little disappointed in the pigmentation of the two lighter colours. I’m having a blog sale reload, and am really agonizing over whether or not to list the Lost Weekend Palette.
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Apr 20th, 2012 in Eye shadow, FOTD, Reviews, Swatches | 42400 comments. Becca+Lost+Weekend+Palette%3A+review%2C+swatches%2C+FOTD2012-04-20+08%3A21%3A31myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D4240
# 83 Catherine
# 2 Chels
# 23 Michelle
[ EDIT: After posting this I rechecked and realised that #31 Kerry's comment entry was not valid, so I've redrawn a winner to replace this entry]
(redraw) #7 Ling
Congrats everyone, will shoot you an email shortly to ask for your mailing address!
keep reading after the jump!Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Apr 19th, 2012 in Miscellaneous | 46320 comments. MFV+Hello+Kitty+Giveaway+Winners..2012-04-19+06%3A41%3A04myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D4632
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com firstname.lastname@example.org