NARS Dogon eyeshadow duo was released as part of the Spring 2011 collection, and is (sadly) a limited edition product. I nabbed this from Lilit’s blog sale about a month ago and have been getting a lot of use out of this gorgeous duo.
Normally I try to avoid posting about discontinued products, but I love Dogon so much that I’m going to go ahead and gush about it anyway. There are a number of ebay sellers currently stocking this duo, although I’ve never bought NARS on ebay so can’t recommend any one in particular.
It is so good for creating smouldering evening looks, and the blue and green undertones in Dogon look fantastic with brown eyes.
The left side of Dogon is a duochrome shadow with a pinkish taupe base colour and an icy green sheen.
The right side is a charcoal black with a subtle deep blue undertone.
When you layer the left side of Dogon duo on top of the right side shadow, you get this magical opalescent beauty of a colour as shown below. It’s like MAC Club’s more sophisticated older sister.
The lighter shade in the duo has a smooth texture which is easy to blend on the eye.
The darker shade on the right side of the duo has your typical NARS matte texture- slightly chalky, takes more than the usual amount of patience to blend, and applies patchily on the eye.
I get around this issue by applying my Becca Eye Tint in Pewter underneath, which works remarkably well at improving how the dark side of Dogon applies. It also brings out more of the blue undertone.
Dogon has reasonable wear time and resists creasing for most of the day. When I used Becca Eye Tint in Pewter, the wear time and crease resistance increases significantly. I haven’t tried Dogon on top of any other cream eyeshadows but it would be interesting to see how it looks and performs on top of MAC Blackground Paint Pot.
keep reading after the jump!
-NARS Sheer Glow
– Two Faced Shadow Insurance all over lid to prime
– Becca Eye Tint ‘Pewter’ on mobile lid to crease.
– Darker side of NARS Dogon Duo all over mobile lid, stopping just before crease. I also smudged this shadow below lower lashline (on the outer 2/3rds)
– lighter side of NARS Dogon Duo applied on the inner 2/3rds of the mobile lid, and smudged on the inner half of the lower lashline.
– MAC Omega eyeshadow to blend out edges.
– Illamasqua Obsidian shadow from the Human Fundamentalism Neutral Palette (swatched and reviewed here) to darken outer V.
– MAC Golden bronzer to contour
-MAC Fleur Power blush on apples
– Chanel Rouge Coco Shine ‘Boy’ (swatches and review here)Posted by myfunnyvalentine on May 4th, 2012 in Eye shadow, FOTD, NARS, Reviews, Swatches | 46250 comments. NARS+Dogon+Eyeshadow+Duo%3A+review%2C+swatches%2C+FOTD.+2012-05-04+06%3A17%3A29myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D4625
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Paula’s Choice Berry & Bright Lip Collection: Review and Swatches
September Beauty Favourites: NARS, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Jojoba Company, and more
MUSQ Skincare Reviewed: Hand Wash and Face & Body Exfoliant
Rouge Bunny Rouge Umber Firefinch Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review, FOTD
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review