When I first had a play with the Illamasqua Skin Base 01 from the Human Fundamentalism collection (review and swatches here) it struck me as the perfect white base for a range of halloween/dress-up party looks, including Marie Antoinette, Geisha looks, and any ghost/vampire/zombie looks.
I thought it would be fun to try a Marie Antoinette dress up FOTD using the Illamasqua Skin Base 01 , copious amounts of blush, and some dry shampoo to emulate Marie Antoinettes powdered wigs. After I took the photos and had a look at them I realised the my ‘Marie Antoinette’ looked like a ghaul. Ah well!
And of course I couldn’t do a Marie Antoinette FOTD without also trying to create the Kirsten Dunst bathtub scene look in Sophia Coppola’s film ‘Marie Antoinette’ (Kirsten Dunst wears black lipstick in a fantasy sequence where she utters that famous line ‘let them eat cake’). Thus the Chanel Rouge Coco Rouge Noir in the image below.
- Illamasqua Skin Base foundation 01 (pure white)
- Two Faced Shadow Insurance to prime lids
- NARS Grand Palais Duo (dusty pink side) all over mobile lid to crease. Swatches and review here.
- MAC Embark eyeshadow on mobile lid stopping before crease.
- Bobbi Brown Gel Liner Espresso Ink to line upper lashline.
- MAC Posie Blushcreme applied low on apples of cheeks and blended downwards to jawline.
- NARS Mounia blush to deepen the blush and give some dimension.
- Lipstick Queen Red Sinner lipstick
- Chanel Rouge Coco Rouge Noir lipstick was used in the last image.
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com email@example.com
Straight No Chaser: Chop Shop, Braddon
Face of Australia Lip Paint: Review and Swatches
Jurlique Nutri- Define with Biosome5: Facial Serum and Day Cream Reviewed
Metallic Sunset Eyes: Gucci S/S 2014 inspired FOTD
Sulphate Free Skincare: Vanessa Megan Lemon & Eucalyptus Handwash and Lemon & Rosemary Cleanser