I wore this to work the other day and I quite liked the effect of pairing a warm peachy brown base (Ellis Faas Creamy Eyes E106) with a cooler gold taupe (Fyrinnae Beholder eye shadow). I’ve also really been enjoying using a dark brown gel liner to create a softer day time smoky eye lately, and Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Espresso Ink is probably the best dark brown liner I’ve used.
You have no idea how long I’ve been looking for a deep dark neutral brown liner that stays on my waterline and doesn’t have any shimmer/ bronzey tones/ red tones (MAC Teddy Eye Khol is more of a bronze, MAC Costa Riche liner has a reddish undertone which makes me look ill, MAC Dip Down Fluidline is not dark enough, my Stila Smudge Pot in Brown dried up so quickly and was unusable after a few weeks, and Urban Decay Whiskey pencil doesn’t stay on my waterline for more than 5 minutes). So as you might imagine it was a happy day when I first came across the Bobbi Brown Espresso Ink liner.
keep reading after the jump!
- Two Faced Shadow Insurance to prime lids
- Ellis Faas Creamy Eyes E106 (review and swatches here) all over lid blended past the crease.
- Fyrinnae loose eyeshadow in ‘Beholder’ (review and swatches here) on mobile lid stopping before the crease, and also applied below bottom lashline on the inner half.
- MAC Mystery eye shadow to darken outer V and smudged below bottom lashline from the outer corner halfway in.
- Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner Espresso Ink to line upper lashline and lower waterline.
- Eylure Katie Perry Lashes ‘Sweetie Pie’
- MAC Blushbaby powder blush
- Burberry Lip Mist ‘Copper’ (review coming soon!)
- highlighted cupid’s bow with Urban Decay Sin eyeshadow. Yes I realised it was a botchy job. Let’s all look at a different part of my face now, shall we? :p
I’m also wearing my new ASOS snood! Love this so much. To see it in action see my ‘What I’m Wearing This Week’ youtube vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j3MxP9ZjUA
In other news, I got sent some Katy Perry lashes! They range from the super dramatic to subtle/natural (like the Sweetie Pie lashes I’m wearing). I can’t wait until I’m on stage so I can have fun with the crazy lashes.
Note: The Eylure Katy Perry lashes and the Ellis Faas Creamy Eye E107 were sent to me by PR for editorial consideration.Posted by myfunnyvalentine on May 25th, 2012 in Bobbi Brown, Ellis Faas, FOTD, Reviews | 48800 comments. Work+makeup%3A+Soft+taupe+smoky+eye+and+nude+lips+FOTD2012-05-25+06%3A27%3A01myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D4880
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com email@example.com
NARS Anita Audacious lipstick: review
Bridesmaid look #1 : earthy greige eyes, pink lips
Jane Iredale Getaway Palette, Peach Forever Lip and Cheek Tint, Espresso Jelly Jar: Review
Straight No Chaser: Hobart (wedding errands and scallop pies)
Sisley Mystery 4 Ombre Eyeshadow Palette and Lip Twist in Chestnut: Review