When it comes to hair, I’m a hopeless noob. When I want to do anything outside of my very restricted comfort zone, I feel like 18yr old me trying to tackle liquid eyeliners for the first time.
I am slowly trying to learn a thing or two though, and fashion week styles are always a good place for inspiration.
One things I’ve realised recently is how important pre-styling products are to get to the style you want. For example, a little bit of volume enhancer like Aveda Pure Abundance Style-Prep before blow drying is magic for adding body, especially in addition to any other root lifting products you normally use during the styling process.
I’ve drafted upcoming posts on how the products work on specific styles on my own hair, so watch this space.
1) Create a straight, clean center part.
2) Spray a cocktail of Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep and Aveda Volumizing Tonic from root to mid-length, coating the hair.
3) Blowdry straight, from roots to ends, using a round brush. Use a flat iron to smooth out kinks or waves, if necessary. Hair should be flat to the head.
4) Tuck hair behind ears and part in the back, bringing hair forward over each shoulder.
5) Finish with Aveda Air Control Hair Spray to smooth flyaways.
Keep reading after the jump!
1) Prep hair with Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep and blow dry with fingers, pulling hair straighter, but not flatter.
2) Using a comb, separate a small section at the hairline above the forehead and comb forward to create a fringe.
3) Gather hair at the crown and massage Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion in at the roots to create volume.
4) Backcomb hair at the crown in chunky sections to add rough texture at the root. Clip this section at the top of the head.
5) Pull hair at the back of the head into a low ponytail at the nape and tie with an elastic band, keeping the pony flat to the neck.
6) Release hair at the crown, bringing the top section down to the bottom ponytail. Secure the two together with an elastic.
7) Pull the front fringe section loosely behind the right ear. Wrap the end of the fringe around the base of the ponytail to hide the elastic and secure with a pin.
8) Pull fringe at the face to loosen slightly. Set with Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray.
All images courtesy of Aveda unless otherwise specified. Please do not copy images without my permission.