Hope you’ve all had a good start to the week. I’ve just gotten back from an amazing weekend away exploring the Great Ocean Road and Warrnambool with my boyfriend, and currently daydreaming about putting a deposit on a waterfront property somewhere along there. A gal can dream, right?
Before I left, I put together a FOTD inspired by the beauty looks on Versace Spring Summer runways during Milan Fashion Week. I love a great smoky eye, and this one updates the classic smoky eye with a little bit of gold making it a great look for both day and night.
- Two faced shadow insurance to prime.
- Illamasqua ‘Wolf’ eyeshadow from the Neutral Palette (swatched and reviewed here) on the mobile lid.
- Inglot eyeshadow Matte 329 (matte dark charcoal brown reviewed and swatched here) in crease, layering for intensity in the outer V. I’ve also smudged this under the lower lashline and blended a little further down.
- MAC ‘Soba’ eyeshadow blended around the edges to soften the Inglot dark brown, and also give it a golden ‘halo’ type effect.
- Inglot eyeshadow Shine 39 (bright cool toned gold reviewed and swatched here) on the very centre of the mobile lid on top of ‘Wolf’
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Eyeshadow in ‘Champagne’ blended in the inner corner as a highlight.
- The black and dark brown eyeliner from the Physicians formula Shimmer Strip Eyeliner trio for brown eyes (swatched and reviewed here) smudged along upper lashline and bottom lashline.
- Bobbi Brown Espresso Ink gel eyeliner to line lower waterline.
- Katy Perry falsies from Eyelure.
- Illamasqua Powder blush in ‘Naked Rose’ (reviewed and swatched here as part of the Naked Strangers collection)
- NARS Pure Matte lipstick in Bangkok (swatched and reviewed here)
Keep reading after the jump!
The Inglot eyeshadow Matte 329 (matte dark charcoal brown reviewed and swatched here) is the one on the far left, top row. I used it in the crease, layering for intensity in the outer V.
The Inglot eyeshadow Shine 39 (bright cool toned gold reviewed and swatched here) used on the very centre of the mobile lid on top of ‘Wolf’ is the 2nd from the right.
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Oct 16th, 2012 in FOTD, Illamasqua, Inglot, Runway | 53550 comments. Antique+Gold+Smoky+eye+FOTD+inspired+by+Versace+S%2FS2012-10-16+03%3A33%3A47myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5355