One of the looks from the Spring/Summer Fashion week runways I really loved was the one created for the Giorgio Armani show in Milan. For the show, the makeup artist created a graphic silvery blue eye to go with a minimalist face, using the new Maestro Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow Quad from the new collection.
I don’t own the Armani Maestro Eyes To Kill quad, so I improvised with what I had in my stash, which were some items from MAC, Illamasqua, Urban Decay, and NARS – (AKA ‘The Usual Suspects’).
My version turned out a little softer, and less graphic, than the original makeup look.
Keep reading after the jump!
- Two faced shadow insurance all over lids to prime
- MAC Chromagraphic pencil in NC15/NW20 on the waterline. It is a light nude coloured pencil (hauled here)
- MAC ‘Scene’ eyeshadow blended all over mobile lid to crease and winged out.
- MAC ‘Omega’ eyeshadow to blend edges of colour on top lid.
- Using a stiff angled brush, I applied Illamasqua ‘Surge’Liquid Metal (reviewed and swatched here) in the shape of a upper lid flicked eyeliner.
- Using the same stiff angled brush, I moistened it (for lack of a better word) with a small amount of water and use it to apply Inglot AMC Shine 13 (frosty baby light blue) eye shadow wet on top of the Illamasqua Surge Liquid Metal. Also I applied some of the shadow in a fine line exactly in your crease.
- using a pencil brush, I used Urban Decay ‘Sin’ eyeshadow from the Naked Palette to highlight my inner corner and tear duct area of the bottom lid.
- I’ve used falsies from Eyelure reviewed here
- lightly contoured my cheekbones with MAC Bronzer in Golden.
- I used the tiniest amount of Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush in Sensuous Rose on my apples (review and swatches here)
- NARS Tzigane lipstick
- I highlighted my cupid’s bow with a small amount of the Urban Decay Sin eyeshadow I used earlier.
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Nov 28th, 2012 in FOTD, Inglot, MAC, Runway | 57790 comments. Giorgio+Armani+S%2FS+2013+runway+inspired+FOTD2012-11-28+11%3A10%3A12myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5779
Tags: Runway Inspired
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com email@example.com
Rouge Bunny Rouge Umber Firefinch Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review, FOTD
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review
Kinn Thai, Canberra: Straight, No Chaser
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder, Clarins Instant Light Concealer: In Search Of The Flawless Face
Foundation brush comparison: Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, Becca One Perfecting Brush, Beauty Blender