One of the looks from the last Ready To Wear shows at NYFW that I really wanted to try was the makeup done for Vera Wang Spring/Summer 2013 (see the images in my Fashion Week coverage post).
The ethereal quality and the warm of the makeup worked perfectly with the romanticism of the India- inspired spring collection in my opinion. I also thought that the look created for this Vera Wang show would be a great option for bridal makeup if you prefer a more natural look over a classic smokey eye. There is a nice subtle shimmer in both the lips and the eyes, which I quite like. The one thing missing is a Vera Wang wedding gown!
I hope you enjoy this FOTD, I’ve listed and photographed products used below
Keep reading after the jump!
- Two Faced Shadow Insurance
- I’ve used MAC Chromagraphic pencil in NC15/NW20 which is a light nude coloured pencil (I’ve blogged about this previously here). on my lower waterline.
- I’ve blended MAC Gingerly powder blush (swatched here) on the mobile lid with a stiff brush.
- With a crease brush, I’ve swept MAC Embark eyeshadow into the crease and extended to the outer V.
- With a pencil brush, I smudged MAC Embark under the bottom lashline.
- I’ve blended MAC Blushbaby powder blush (swatched here) around the edges of the makeup to give it a subtle pinkish ‘halo’
- Urban Decay ‘Sin’ eyeshadow as an inner corner highlight (from the Naked Palette, swatched here), as well as a highlight on the inner third of the lower lid area.
- For a bit of sheen on the top lid, I applied Benefit ‘Fawn Over Me’ single eyeshadow on top of gingerly near the upper lashline and blended up.
- I lined the upper lid with an espresso coloured pencil from the Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Brown Eyes eyeliner trio (swatched and reviewed here. Seriously good stuff).
- MAC ‘Golden’ Bronzer to contour
- MAC Gingerly powder blush on apples
-NARS Tzigane lipstick
- NARS Supervixen lip gloss on top.
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Nov 14th, 2012 in Blush, FOTD, MAC, NARS, Runway | 56410 comments. Vera+Wang+S%2FS+2013+inspired+bridal+makeup+FOTD+2012-11-14+07%3A49%3A25myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5641
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, NOT Jennifer. email@example.com