Snow White and the Huntsman was a film that I watched purely for the makeup and costume design (it’s not the first, and it certainly won’t be the last, *cough* Marie Antoinette*cough*). If you have been under a huge rock for the last year, and haven’t heard of the movie- it’s a reimagining of the Snow White fairy tale and stars Charlize Theron as ‘Ravenna’ (the evil queen), Kristen Stewart as Snow White, and Chris Helmsworth as the Huntsman.
Charlize Theron looked breathtaking in her role- in fact, I had a niggling feeling that the mirror was lying to her face when he said that Snow White, who had just come of age, was actually better looking than her. We all know that mirrors lie, right?
Anyway, as I was watching Charlize Theron as Evil Queen Ravenna in the film, I knew I had to try my hand at recreating some of the smoky eye looks that she was wearing in the film. For the look I came up with, I did a mish-mash of the different smoky eyes that she wore in the film and in the promo images. Queen Ravenna liked to bring her dark eyeshadow right down into the inner corners of the eyes, and also extend her eyeliner on the lower waterline right to the inner corner as well- I feel it gave her a hypnotic quality and really liked the effect.
Keep reading after the jump!
- MAC Quite Natural Paint Pot (reviewed and swatched here) blended all over lid to crease.
- MAC Club eyeshadow blended on top of Quite Natural paint pot with a fluffy brush.
- I used a gorgeous deep burgundy shadow- Rouge Bunny Rouge Bejewelled Skylark eyeshadow (reviewed here) on the outside, as well as the inner corner of the eye. I used a stiff flat brush to pack on the colour to the outer V and extended it in a ‘wing’ shape. Then I applied it to the inner corner (with a pencil brush for more accuracy in this area). I connected the darker colour on the outer V to the inner corner by lightly blending with the pencil brush.
- I applied Shu Uemura ME Olive 471 to the middle of the eyelid, and blended up slightly with a flat brush into the burgundy Bewelled Skylark.
- Underneath the bottom lashline I smudged Bejewelled Skylark shadow and blended downwards and outwards to connect to the outer V.
- I lined my top lashline and bottom waterline with MAC Blacktrack Fluidline.
- I used Majorca Majolica Lash Expander Plus mascara.
- I contoured my cheekbones with MAC Golden Bronzer.
- I used a small amount of Rouge Bunny Rouge Gracilis blush on the apples of my cheeks.
- Ellis Faas Milky Lips L207 (nude pink)- reviewed swatched here as part of their Spring Set
I love the combination of RBR Bewelled Skylark and the Shu Uemura ME 271 – it’s the first time I’ve thought to bring these two together and it was somewhat of a happy accident (I did this makeup on top of a more natural smoky FOTD look, which I will post shortly after this one)
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Dec 14th, 2012 in Eye shadow, FOTD, MAC | 59270 comments. Evil+Queen+Makeup+Inspired+By+Charlize+Theron+in+Snow+White+and+The+Huntsman2012-12-13+23%3A18%3A53myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5927