If you follow my tweets and instagram you might remember me foaming at the mouth at how my hair was totally destroyed at the last colour appointment. Note to self: when you feel the foil getting burning hot and you can smell your hair, it’s probably time to grab your colourist and remind them that you’ve still got bleach in your hair.
I was almost in tears on the way home from the appointment because I had patches of grey/ashy blonde in the middle of my strands, and my hair felt like straw. I had the colour darkened and somewhat corrected since then but the damage is irreversable.
Thankfully, I had some products from the Toni and Guy Hair Meets Wardrobe collection in my bathroom cabinet that works wonders on making shitty hair look polished. I followed the fantastic tutorial from the Hair Meets Wardrobe website for getting a super shiny sleek look. If you haven’t seen their tutorials, I highly recommend taking a look.
1. Deep condition the hell out of your hair. I used my Kerastase Nutri-Thermique mask (best investment ever, I reviewed it here)
2. Towel dry and apply the Toni & Guy Leave In conditioner from midlength to ends.
3. Mist hair with Toni & Guy Heat Protection Mist.
4. Blow dry with a bristle brush working in small sections at a time ( I used my new Mason Pearson pure bristle brush, which makes a surprising amount of difference to the final result. Review to come)
5. I used my GHD in some areas of my hair to get it as sleek as possible. (not the best thing for damaged hair but oh well!)
6. Applied Toni & Guy High Gloss Serum from midlength to ends. I used a small squirt, distributed evenly on my palms at a time – around 3 squirts in total because my hair is so straw like.
note: makeup look is the same as the one covered in this FOTD post.
Note: Toni & Guy products were sent to me by PR for consideration.
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Dec 29th, 2012 in Hair | 60300 comments. Fake+It+Till+You+Make+It%3A+Healthy+Shiny+Looking+Hair2012-12-29+02%3A37%3A08myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D6030
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, NOT Jennifer. email@example.com