Today the Lipstick Bandit cohort of beauty bloggers unveil their exciting FOTD makeup looks inspired by another member of the Bandits. I’m terribly excited because up until the moment this post is published, each member’s assigned look is shrouded in complete secrecy- the only living person who knows which bandit is doing which look is our Bandit leader Rae of The Notice.
A month ago, I was sent an
I based my look swap on this post, which is one of my favourite looks from Xiao.
Ms Messy Wands had a penchant for deep plummy lips, and through her I discovered the Make Up For Ever Waterproof Lip Liner in the merlot coloured #13C- which turns out to be the perfect base for a long lasting vampy lip.
I bought my MUFE Lip Liner from StrawberryNet since I don’t know of any MUFE retailers in Melbourne.
She also has the most amazing razor sharp model cheekbones, which I tried my best to carve out with some bronzer. I think plastic surgery would work better, but that would be overly creepy in that Single White Female way.
Keep reading after the jump!
- Two Faced Shadow INsurance to prime eyelids
- Laura Mercier Topaz eyeshadow all over top eyelid.
- MAC Mauvement pigment dusted on the centre of the eyelid for extra gleam.
- MAC Mystery eyeshadow to slightly darken outer V
- MAC Chromagraphic Pencil in NC15/NW20 (beige) on bottom waterline
- Smashbox Champagne Single Eyeshadow to highlight inner corner, as well as cupid’s bow above the lip.
- MAC Blacktrack Fluidline to line upper lashline.
- MUFE HD Waterproof Brow Corrector to fill in brows
- MAC Golden Bronzer to contour
- MAC Blushbaby blush on apples
- Smashbox Champagne eyeshadow to highlight top of cheekbones.
- Make Up For Ever Waterproof Lip Liner # 13C- I lightly lined and filled my entire lip area with this.
- YSL Gloss Pur 06 Plum on top of the lip liner
This is what the MUFE Waterproof Lip Liner 13C looks like on it’s own on my lips just to give you guys an idea of what the colour is like. I kept the edges sharp on the top and a little fainter on the bottom so the bottom lip looks juicy and not overly defined.
MUFE Waterproof Lip Liner 13C is quite pigmented, but reasonably soft so you can blend it with a finger.
I’m seriously considering getting more MUFE lip liners.
Time to see the other look swap looks!
And a new Bandit this round:Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Dec 24th, 2012 in FOTD, Lip Gloss, Lipstick Bandits, YSL | 60310 comments. Lipstick+Bandits+Look+Swap%3A+Vampy+Berry+Lip+A+La+Xiao+of+Messy+Wands2012-12-24+12%3A55%3A31myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D6031
Tags: Red Lipstick
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com email@example.com
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review
Kinn Thai, Canberra: Straight, No Chaser
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder, Clarins Instant Light Concealer: In Search Of The Flawless Face
Foundation brush comparison: Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, Becca One Perfecting Brush, Beauty Blender
Jane Iredale Corrective Colours palette, Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Dark Circle Perfector SPF 14: In Search Of The Flawless Face