I have another makeup look inspired by a film character. Berenice Marlohe, who is half Cambodian and half French, looked incredibly in Skyfall- she oozed danger and sultriness as befits a Bond Girl.
I tried creating a more wearable version of her sooty feline-like smokey eye. In the end I wasn’t that happy with how the look photographed, but I had fun trying!
keep reading after the jump!
- Two Faced Shadow Insurance to prime
- Laura Mercier Topaz eyeshadow (cool, satin finish taupe)all over top lid.
- MAC Typographic Eyeshadow (dark grey-black matte) in the outer V and blended underneath bottom lashline. I extended the shape of the shadow outwards towards the ear.
- I used MAC Copperplate (matte beige taupe) to blend the edges of the eye makeup to soften the overall effect.
- Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Black Ink to line upper lashline and bottom waterline. I extended this eyeliner slightly past the inner corner to create Severine’s oriental feline-like eye.
- I contoured with MAC Golden Bronzer
- I used MAC Gingerly blush on the apples of my cheeks
- MAC Desire lipstick (burgundy brown, lustre finish)
I applied Aveda Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother onto damp, towel dried hair before blow drying my hair.
I curled my hair with a GHD Classic, and brushed the curls out with a bristle brush to produce loose waves. I then added some shine and ‘finished’ quality the overall look by misting my hair with Matrix Design Pulse Surround Shine.
It’s a good product for adding some glossiness and reducing static without having to distribute the product with your hands (which can sometimes break up the curls or mess up your styled hair).
note: The Matrix Surround Shine hair product was provided to me by PR for considerationPosted by myfunnyvalentine on Dec 20th, 2012 in FOTD, Hair | 59080 comments. Severine%3A+Skyfall+Bond+Girl+inspired+hair+and+makeup2012-12-20+00%3A58%3A28myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5908
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, NOT Jennifer. firstname.lastname@example.org