Pantone announced that their 2013 Color of The Year is ”Emerald’ – a vivid green which works brilliantly with brown eyes. I really don’t wear green enough, and given that I own so many beautiful green eye shadows I really need to give them more lovin this year.
I thought it would be fitting to do a Pantone Emerald inspired eye makeup look to start the new year, and this was what I wore to see the fireworks on NYE in Melbourne. I only realised this afterwards, but I wore a tangerine coloured dress that night- coincidentally Pantone’s colour of the year for 2012.
keep reading after the jump!
– Two Faced Shadow Insurance to prime lids
– MAC Prussian Blue eyeshadow blended all over mobile lid to crease.
– I also blended Prussian Blue e/s under bottom lashline, and then used MAC Copperplate e/s to blend out edges.
– MAC Copperplate eyeshadow in crease, and then MAC Omega eyeshadow to further soften the colour upwards towards brows.
– I used MAC Forest Green pigment (applied wet with a flat brush), concentrating the colour in the middle of the eyelid and blending outwards.
– I deepened the outer V slightly with MAC Typographic eyeshadow.
– I used Urban Decay Sin eyeshadow from the Naked Palette to highlight inner corners of the eyes.
– I lined my lower waterline and upper lashline with MAC Blacktrack Fluidline, connecting the top and lower waterline eyeliner to create a cats eye shape.
– Revlon Beyond Naturals falsies.
– Make Up For Ever HD Blush in PDA on apples
– Estee Lauder Sensuous Rose blush (review and swatches here) on top lightly to set the blush for all night wear.
– NARS Sheer Glow foundation in Fiji
– Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder applied with a big powder brush through T zone.
Because it was going to be a long night, I needed my makeup to last without having to touch up- this is why I made the effort to layer my makeup more than I normally would. I find that a powder blush on top of a cream blush makes it go the distance, and a translucent powder like the Laura Mercier one really helps keep things in place.
I actually also used the Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spritz for the hell of it, although to be honest so far I’m not seeing a huge amount of difference with or without it. Let me know if you want to see a review of this product.
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Jan 4th, 2013 in Eye shadow, FOTD, laura mercier, MAC | 61240 comments. Emerald+City%3A+NYE+Makeup+Inspired+By+Pantone2013-01-04+05%3A13%3A37myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D6124
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Paula’s Choice Berry & Bright Lip Collection: Review and Swatches
September Beauty Favourites: NARS, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Jojoba Company, and more
MUSQ Skincare Reviewed: Hand Wash and Face & Body Exfoliant
Rouge Bunny Rouge Umber Firefinch Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review, FOTD
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review