A super quick post just to share a recipe for what we had for dinner tonight. This time Phil cooked and I cleaned (I hate cleaning, but love eating everything he makes).
We stuck to the ‘dinner menu’ we planned Hopefully it’s something we can make a habit of doing.
Recipe further down…
Keep reading after the jump!
- Freshly poached whole free range chicken, shredded.
- Shredded 1/4 cabbage (Phil used a vegetable peeler, clever man).
- One brown onion, one spanish onion
- A generous handful of coriander
- 1 cup of chopped spring onions
- 2 tbspn fried spring onions (out of a packet from asian grocers)
- 1 tbspn fish sauce
- 1/2 tbspn water
- 1/2 tbspn sugar
- finely chopped chilli 1 tspn
- finelly chopped garlic 3 cloves
* taste as you go along and adjust the ingredients to your taste.
1. Stuff chicken with chopped up brown onion, spring onions, and ginger. Rub salt all over it (quote: “you’ve gotta rub salt in every crease of that fucking chicken”)
2. Poach stuffed chicken until it it’s just cooked through. (takes about 30mins- turn off flame at the 20min mark)
3. Let chicken cool. Shred chicken with your hands.
3. Chop spring onions and shred cabbage and brown/spanish onion with a vegetable peeler (Phil’s genius idea to get onion sliced paper thin)
4. Roughly tear coriander and throw that in with the shredded chicken, cabbage, onion, etc.
5. Make dressing but bringing all the ingredients together in a pan and heat it up until the sugar dissolves.
6. Add dressing and fried spring onions in each serving bowl. I had about 2.5 bowls of that tonight and just topped up the dressing and fried onions as I ate.
note: DO NOT THROW AWAY CHICKEN STOCK. That stuff is magic. I use it as a soup base, and I’m planning to use this batch for making Tom Yum soup.
If there’s anything else you see on instagram or the blog that you want a recipe for, just give me a holler and I will post it when I get a chancePosted by myfunnyvalentine on Jan 3rd, 2013 in lifestyle and health | 62050 comments. Healthy+2013%3A+Vietnamese+Chicken+Salad+Recipe+2013-01-03+10%3A58%3A10myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D6205
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Face of Australia Lip Paint: Review and Swatches
Jurlique Nutri- Define with Biosome5: Facial Serum and Day Cream Reviewed
Metallic Sunset Eyes: Gucci S/S 2014 inspired FOTD
Sulphate Free Skincare: Vanessa Megan Lemon & Eucalyptus Handwash and Lemon & Rosemary Cleanser
Multi purpose plant oils from Aveda, Crop, and A Bit Hippy