I’m hardly what you would call a high fashion type of a girl in general, but I do love looking to the runways for makeup art inspiration each year- particularly Autumn/Winter RTW.
One of the runway looks that has stuck in my head over the years (possibly due to the simplicity and the resemblance to Modigliani paintings, which I adore) is the looks that Tom Pecheaux created for Marni A/W RTW 2010 back when he was working for MAC Cosmetics. He used MAC Flourishing matte eyeshadow as a soft wash all over the lid right up to the brows, and MAC Spice lip pencil in the centre of the lips.
I used his idea of having MAC Flourishing eyeshadow all the way up to the brows, and switched up the lipstick to something a little bit vampier.
Keep reading after the jump!
– Two Faced Shadow Insurance to prime lids
– MAC Flourishing eyeshadow (a matte, khaki green) blended all over lid right up the brow. I concentrated most of the colour on the mobile lid area.
– Mixture of Bobbi Brown Espresso Ink and Black Ink Gel Liners to line upper lashline
– Bobbi Brown Espresso Ink Gel Liner pushed into bottom lashline on the outer 1/2.
– Majorca Majolica Lash Expander Plus mascara, plus my usual heated eyelash curler.
– MUFE HD Brow Corrector
– MAC Goldn Bronzer to contour
– Estee Lauder Sensuous Rose blush on apples (reviewed and swatched here)
– MUFE Waterproof Liner #13 to line and fill in lips
– MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Good To Be Bad (reviewed and featured in this Lipstick Bandit post_
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Jan 18th, 2013 in FOTD, Lipstick, MAC, Runway | 63250 comments. Marni%2C+Modigliani%2C+and+Me%3A+A+Runway+Inspired+FOTD+2013-01-18+01%3A20%3A36myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D6325
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com email@example.com
Paula’s Choice Berry & Bright Lip Collection: Review and Swatches
September Beauty Favourites: NARS, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Jojoba Company, and more
MUSQ Skincare Reviewed: Hand Wash and Face & Body Exfoliant
Rouge Bunny Rouge Umber Firefinch Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review, FOTD
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review