I’m hardly what you would call a high fashion type of a girl in general, but I do love looking to the runways for makeup art inspiration each year- particularly Autumn/Winter RTW.
One of the runway looks that has stuck in my head over the years (possibly due to the simplicity and the resemblance to Modigliani paintings, which I adore) is the looks that Tom Pecheaux created for Marni A/W RTW 2010 back when he was working for MAC Cosmetics. He used MAC Flourishing matte eyeshadow as a soft wash all over the lid right up to the brows, and MAC Spice lip pencil in the centre of the lips.
I used his idea of having MAC Flourishing eyeshadow all the way up to the brows, and switched up the lipstick to something a little bit vampier.
Keep reading after the jump!
- Two Faced Shadow Insurance to prime lids
- MAC Flourishing eyeshadow (a matte, khaki green) blended all over lid right up the brow. I concentrated most of the colour on the mobile lid area.
- Mixture of Bobbi Brown Espresso Ink and Black Ink Gel Liners to line upper lashline
- Bobbi Brown Espresso Ink Gel Liner pushed into bottom lashline on the outer 1/2.
- Majorca Majolica Lash Expander Plus mascara, plus my usual heated eyelash curler.
- MUFE HD Brow Corrector
- MAC Goldn Bronzer to contour
- Estee Lauder Sensuous Rose blush on apples (reviewed and swatched here)
- MUFE Waterproof Liner #13 to line and fill in lips
- MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Good To Be Bad (reviewed and featured in this Lipstick Bandit post_
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Jan 18th, 2013 in FOTD, Lipstick, MAC, Runway | 63250 comments. Marni%2C+Modigliani%2C+and+Me%3A+A+Runway+Inspired+FOTD+2013-01-18+01%3A20%3A36myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D6325
Skinceuticals Retexturing Activator and $100 Facial Co. Giveaway
Tom Ford Orchid Haze Quad: One quad, three looks
Tom Ford Orchid Haze Eyeshadow Quad: Review and Swatches
Autumn Nails: Kester Black Buttermilk and Uslu Airlines NMA
Sulphate Free Skincare: Subtle Energies Rasayana Body Wash and Body Scrub