NARS Pure Matte in Moscow is one of my favourite lipstick purchases of the past 12 months. It’s a beautiful autumnal terracotta red- a colour that I had been trying to hunt down for some time now (I even went so far as to create my own custom colour by mixing OCC Lip Tars ). Found this whilst browsing in Mecca last year and have been using it to death ever since.
Moscow has an almost dreamy, soft focus quality to it- a very easy to wear red that would be killer with a summer dress or jeans.
As I mentioned previously in my Burberry Lip Velvets review , the new generation matte lipstick formulas have come a long way from the (MAC) ‘Ruby Woo’ days when they used to dry my lips out like a prune. The Burberry Lip Velvets, Chanel Rouge Allure Velvets , and NARS Pure Matte (with the exception of Bangkok) are examples of beautifullly formulated matte lipsticks- non drying, light weight, and no chalkiness.
Moscow is one of these great new mattes- it applies smoothly with no tugging on the lips and does not dry my lips out. It is a medium opacity terracotta red, which is buildable to full opacity in two layers. Wear time is a good 5 hours on me (about average for a matte lipstick on my lips).
– Two faced shadow insurance to prime
– Maybelline Color Tattoo ‘Bad To The Bronze’all over mobile lid to crease
– MAC Mystery eyeshadow in outer V and smudged under bottom lashline
– Physicians formula shimmer strips eyeliner (black) to line upper and lower lashline
– MAC Blushbaby
– NARS Pure Matte Lipstick MoscowPosted by myfunnyvalentine on Mar 20th, 2013 in FOTD, Lipstick, NARS, Reviews, Swatches | 67170 comments. NARS+Pure+Matte+Lipstick+Moscow%3A+Review%2C+Swatch%2C+FOTD2013-03-20+01%3A55%3A53myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D6717
Tags: matte lipstick
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Paula’s Choice Berry & Bright Lip Collection: Review and Swatches
September Beauty Favourites: NARS, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Jojoba Company, and more
MUSQ Skincare Reviewed: Hand Wash and Face & Body Exfoliant
Rouge Bunny Rouge Umber Firefinch Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review, FOTD
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review