The look that Rae Morris created for Frankie Magazine sponsored runway 07 (Karen Walker, Kuwaii, Limedrop, Gormon, and more) combined an intense powdery white exaggerated inner corner eye look with a bright fuschia lip.
I thought it would be a fun look to try for a FOTD.
I tried staying true to the original products that Rae Morris used as much as possible, so that you get an idea of how the ‘runway’ colours look under natural day lighting. I find that the colours look VERY different to the runway/backstage images- especially the lip colour, which looks far pinker in real life than it does on the runway photos.
Some of the products that I felt didn’t work well on me I omitted (the L’Oreal Nude Magique BB cream makes me look like I have jaundice).
In retrospect, I think I should have done a much bolder brow to go with the soft, undefined quality of the eye makeup- just like what Rae Morris did on her 07 runway models. Without a bold brow look to frame the eyes with these type of looks, things just seem a little bit out of balance.
– NARS Sheer Glow in Fiji
– MAC Studiosculpt concealor
– L’Oreal Colour Riche Le Kohl in Immaculate Snow drawn on the ‘inner V’ – inner 1/2 top lashline, inner 1/3rd bottom lashline, connected at the inner corner. I blended this with a small pencil brush after applying straight from the pencil.
– L’Oreal Glam Bronze ‘La Terra’ blended in the crease
– MAC Omega eyeshadow to blend edges above crease
– Physician’s Formula shimmer strips eyeliner in black from Brown Eyes Set to line upper lashline
– L’Oreal Color Riche Le Sourcil Eyebrow Pencil in Deep Brown
– L’Oreal Nude Magique BB Blush on apples.
– L’Oreal Glam Bronze La Terra to contour cheekbones
If you want to see Rae Morris in action, here she is demonstrating the makeup application for this look on a model.
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Paula’s Choice Berry & Bright Lip Collection: Review and Swatches
September Beauty Favourites: NARS, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Jojoba Company, and more
MUSQ Skincare Reviewed: Hand Wash and Face & Body Exfoliant
Rouge Bunny Rouge Umber Firefinch Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review, FOTD
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review