You’ve seen the backstage makeup by Shu Uemura– here is the breakdown on the two hairstyles that Aveda created for the David Jones Spring Summer 2013 Fashion Launch.
This modern take on a 60s inspired classic can be as subtle or dramatic as you want it to be.
1. Start by prepping the hair with Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair to repair dry, brittle ends and protect it from heat
2. Spray Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep until hair looks wet. This will build volume and create a strong foundation to style your look. (Tip: if your hair is super soft, work in some Aveda Phomollient Styling Foam to add texture).
3. Dry hair in large sections using a roller brush. The bigger, the better to give the hair soft, smooth bends.
4. For extra shine add some Aveda Light Elements Smoothing fluid.
5. Once you have the desired volume and texture, crimp the interior of the French roll to create good support and stop the look from dropping. For best results, crimp the hair 1cm from the roots using small crimpers.
6. Next use a soft brush and tease the hair all over, making sure the hair at the back of the head has support and is firm. Set with a light mist of Aveda Air Control hairspray.
7. Direct hair back and create a centre-part at the back of the head.
8. Firmly roll each section and secure by making a crease that is low and tight on the hairline.
9. Tease the top of the hair and position it to cover the top of the rolls.
10. Finish the look with a spritz of Aveda Air Control hairspray.
Keep reading after the jump!
This sophisticated summer hairstyle relies on good prep to keep it looking fresh while maintaining definition to the texture.
1. Prep the hair by creating a low side parting. Take your part half-way between the arch and the end of the eyebrow and comb through the hair.
2. Apply Aveda Phomollient Styling Foam to dry hair.
3. Style the hair by using a soft twisting movement to gently encourage texture.
4. For this look it is important to ensure the hairline is frizz-free. Use a roller brush and blow-dry the roots around the crown to decrease volume whilst maintaining a groomed yet relaxed finish.
5. Using large tongs, curl from the mid-length of hair to the tips for extra movement.
6. Finish the look by gently sweeping front layers across the forehead and set with a finishing mist of Aveda Air Control hairspray.
Photography: Thomas Zanetic
Images and how-to courtesy of Aveda.Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Aug 1st, 2013 in Runway | 80490 comments. Aveda+Backstage+At+David+Jones+SS2013%3A+Modern+French+Roll+and+Poolside+Chic2013-08-01+04%3A06%3A29myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D8049
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com email@example.com
Paula’s Choice Berry & Bright Lip Collection: Review and Swatches
September Beauty Favourites: NARS, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Jojoba Company, and more
MUSQ Skincare Reviewed: Hand Wash and Face & Body Exfoliant
Rouge Bunny Rouge Umber Firefinch Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review, FOTD
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review