BECCA has just released their exciting Sun Chaser Collection for Spring 2013- this collection is all about sheer washes of peach and bronze on the eyes, powdery pink cheeks, and juicy lips.
Headlining the collection is the new Sun Chaser Quad. BECCA Beach Tint in Guava, Ultimate Colour Gloss in Miami Vice, Mineral Blush in Songbird, Bronzing Skin Perfector, and Ultimate Mascara complete the Sun Chaser Spring 2013 look. I was lucky to be given a chance to try some of the products in the collection ahead of their release.
Keep reading after the jump!
The Sun Chaser quad (rrp $65) is a collection of nudes, peaches, and bronze shades in shimmer and matte finishes. The shades are very flattering worn on their own as a wash or incorporated into a day time smoky eye.
1. Matte Buff: a matte neutral beige- this is a very versatile shade and works really well in the crease. Pigmentation is medium.
2. Soft Metallic Peach: a pale shimmery peach- this one is sheer but buildable to medium pigmentation. I like using this shadow as an inner corner highlight.
3. Metallic Tweed: a warm shimmery bronze – medium pigmentation and is great as a standalone shadow or used to contour.
4. Metallic Sienna: a peachy copper shimmer- medium pigmentation. Lovely as a single wash over the eyelid or as a shimmer accent.
Texture and performance:
All the shadows are finely milled and are a dream to blend. Even though the shades are on the medium to sheer side, they have decent lasting power on the eye – giving me around 8hrs of wear before noticable fading. The intensity of these shades can be increased when used over the top of a cream eyeshadow like the BECCA Eye Tints.
BECCA Ultimate Colour Gloss in Miami Vice (rrp $42) is a pale peachy nude. This is what the model in the promo image is supposed to be wearing, but in real life it’s far, far paler than what it looks like on her. The colour is lighter than what I normally wear and I think this would better suit paler complexions than mine.
Formula is great of course- non sticky, long wearing, and hydrating- everything that I have come to expect after falling in love with Berry Twist .
BECCA Guava Tint (rrp $42) is my favourite product in this collection- it is a petal pink on my cheeks and a pale powder pink on the lips. Although it’s quite a light shade, it’s fairly pigmented and stands out on the cheek. I will review and swatch this separately in an upcoming BECCA Beach Tints post.
Swatches (from left): BECCA Ultimate Colour Gloss Miami Vice, BECCA Guava Beach Tint swatched heavily, Guava blended out.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance to prime
- BECCA Sun Chaser shade Metallic Sienna applied on centre of mobile lid to lashline.
- BECCA Sun Chaser shade Metallic Tweed in crease and smudged below bottom lashline
- BECCA Sun Chaser shade Matte Buff to blend edges of colour
- BECCA Sun Chaser shade Soft Metallic Peach used with a wet brush to highlight inner corners and tear duct area.
- MAC Costa Riche (dark brown) pencil pushed into bottom lashline, except for the inner tear duct area.
- MAC Embark eyeshadow (dark matte brown) to darken outer V and bot
- BECCA Beach Tint in Guava blended on apples
- BECCA Beach tint in Guava
- BECCA Ultimate Colour Gloss in Miami Vice on top of Guava
Note: these products were sent to me by PR for consideration. For more details see my editorial policy in PR tab.Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Aug 26th, 2013 in BECCA, Blush | 82390 comments. BECCA+Sun+Chaser+Spring+Collection%3A+Review%2C+Swatches%2C+FOTD2013-08-26+11%3A20%3A05myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D8239