There has been a tremendous amount of buzz around the Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers (released in the US as Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer). These are a satin finish liquid lipstick formula.
1. Stargazer – fine golden shimmer (sheer- medium pigmentation)
2. Nude Eclipse- pale beige nude (medium pigmentation)
3. Phenomenon – pale pinky beige nude (medium pigmentation)
4. Solstice – mauve toned rose with fine peach shimmer (medium pigmentation)
5. Celestial – dusty pink (opaque in one swipe)
6. Nova - bubblegum pink ( opaque in one swipe)
7. Apocalyptic - magenta pink (opaque in one swipe)
9. Stellar- bright neon red. This is a hard colour to describe because it tends to lean pink in some lighting and orange in others. (opaque in one swipe)
Keep reading after the jump!
My favourite Apocalips shades are Solstice, Apocalytic, and Celestial. Solstice is such a easy to wear, versatile shade- I love the dimensional glow that it has from the fine peachy shimmer (reminds me a little bit of Chanel ‘Boy’). Apocalyptic is a punchy magenta (I’m crazy about punchy magentas these days) – I like to wear it as a matte stain (I blot down the colour with a tissue) together with minimal makeup; Celestial is very easy to wear, classy pink.
The shades that didn’t work for me in this collection were the lightest nude shades- Nude Eclipse and Phenomenon. On my lips they were far too pale and also seemed to settle into lip lines.
The lasting power of these vary considerably between the shades. I get about 1-2hrs in the lighter shades (Stargazer, Nude Eclipse, Phenomenon, Solstice), 3hrs for Celestial and Nova, and 5hrs for Apocalyptic and Stellar. The darker 4 shades also left a stain on the lips between after wearing off- which I personally really like in a lip product.
Quite a few reviewers had issues with the Apocalips Lip Lacquers drying out their lips- I didn’t find this to be the case on me. The shades wore fairly comfortably and were neither drying nor moisturising.
Price: Australian RRP $15.95
Availability: Priceline, Target, Kmart, Big W, selected pharmacies.
note: these products were sent to me by PR for consideration. See my editorial policy in PR tab for more info.Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Aug 22nd, 2013 in Drugstore, Lip Gloss, Lipstick, Reviews, Swatches | 81610 comments. Rimmel+Apocalips+Lip+Lacquer%3A+Review+and+Swatches2013-08-22+02%3A28%3A46myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D8161
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com email@example.com