The Burberry Lip Velvets are currently my favourite matte lipstick formulation. Burberry Lip Velvets in Antique Pink and Rose Pink (reviewed on the blog in an earlier post) are staples in my makeup bag.
When I found out that the deep berry shade used on Cara Delevigne in the Burberry Lip Velvets ad (shown below- where she is looking into the mirror, holding a brush) was Pink Azalea, I suddenly needed to make it mine. In the space of 5 minutes after the MUA applied it on me, the credit card was being swiped and the lippy in the bag.
Pink Azalea is a darkened berry pink with full pigmentation in one swipe. Is it anything like the colour on the Burberry Ad? Not even close, but I love it anyway.
Even though it’s not a bright or dramatic colour, I think it’s quite a unique shade in this finish- and I don’t own any lipstick like it. It’s interesting and sophisticated at the same time. I’m a big fan of this for all occasions.
My only qualm about Pink Azalea is that Compared with Rose Pink and Antique Pink Lip Velvets, Pink Azalea feels drier on the lips and can emphasize lip lines when your lips are not moisturised (just like in these photos haha). I find that with a little bit of lip prepping TLC Pink Azalea sits a lot nicer and it’s well worth the extra effort in this case.
Keep reading after the jump!
- I primed lids with Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Illamasqua Vintage Eyeshadow (dark matte brown) from the Illamasqua Neutral Palette blended on mobile lid and smudged under bottom lashline
- Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink on top lashline, and Espresso Ink pushed into bottom lashline (concentrating on the outer 1/3rd)
- Bobbi Brown Champagne Eyeshadow to highlight inner corners.
- Napoleon Perdis Autopilot Primer underneath BECCA Radiant Skin Finish Foundation
- Illamasqua Naked Rose blush on apples of cheeks
- Burberry Lip Velvet in Pink Azalea
Swatch comparison: (Left to right) Burberry Lip Mist in Blueberry, NARS Viridiana Lipstick, Burberry Lip Velvet in Pink Azalea, Rouge Bunny Rouge lipstick in Murmurings, Dolce and Gabbana lipstick in Ultra
The Lip Velvets are available at Burberry counters worldwide and retail for $49AUD in Australia and $30USD in the US.Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Sep 11th, 2013 in FOTD, Lipstick, Reviews, Swatches | 84080 comments. Burberry+Lip+Velvet+in+Pink+Azalea%3A+Review%2C+Swatches%2C+FOTD2013-09-11+05%3A03%3A04myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D8408