Last week I attended a media event at Toni and Guy Georges, where we heard all about the hair and makeup trends for the upcoming Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival. Salon owner and Style Director Jo Smith talked through the Spring/Summer trends in hair; and the team from Napoleon showcased the makeup tricks of the trade for the races. The 10 media attendees were treated to a blow wave and a Napoleon makeover (instagram pics below) to demonstrate how the trends would work on each person.
Here are some images I took on the evening, and a breakdown from Jo Smith on how to achieve each look. Enjoy!
Keep reading after the jump!
- apply label.m volume mousse into dry hair and dry in
- using a medium barrel hair wand, tong the hair away from the face
- brush out with the label.m grooming brush. Then mould the hair with your fingers through the top and use your fingers to help loosen the waves through the bottom
- pull the left hand side back and pin to create a asymmetric look
-apply label.m volume mouse to dry hair clean hair and dry in and leave it looking a bit rough and dishevelled
- leave the hair the from crown to front of the ear out
- crimp the roots with a fine crimper
- brush out with label.m grooming brush so hair becomes big
- back comb hair then pull back in to ponytail and use a hair tie in the ends of ponytail. Grab the end and fold up in to nape and pin to create bob shape
- apply label.m volume mousse to wet hair and dry in to hair
- tong the hair with a large barrel for long hair and roll the tong up and down the hair to create a dishevelled curl
- Leave the top and front out. Pull the back into a low ponytail and back comb roots through the top. Spray with hairspray and smooth hair back and wrap ends around ponytail to cover hair tie
- shake out curls in the ponytail
- spray again with label.m hairspray to secure
- in front of the ear leave out the hair. With the rest of the hair put it in a ponytail and do a fish tail braid. Loosen up the braid and then pin around randomly
- put fascinator in and braid the hair at the sides and then pull back and pin again softly. Use label.m hairspray and label.m shine spray to finish
note: I was invited as a guest of Toni and Guy Georges, and Napoleon Perdis.Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Oct 2nd, 2013 in Hair | 86540 comments. Spring+Racing+Hairstyle+Inspiration%3A+Toni+and+Guy+Georges+Event+2013-10-02+01%3A56%3A11myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D8654
Tags: Blog events