I’m at Sydney airport having a very slow lunch before my flight back to Melbourne (I had a steak sandwich, with a huge serving of chips. Instant regret). I’ve just had my Ocular Therapeutics oral exam, and am heading back to Melbourne to do a shite load of packing/cleaning before I move out of my apartment and embark on my 3 month working holiday around Australia. Yikes.
I have two hours to kill, so I’m sorting through my backlog of blog drafts. This hair post is basically an offshoot of my Red Lipstick for Antipodean Beauties makeup challenge post.
This messy cuffed ponytail has been a hair style I’ve been quite fond of for a easy going night out look. It looks really good on ombre hair, it’s great for both freshly washed and 2nd day hair, and it is a FABULOUS way to recover from a shitty job curling your hair with the GHD.
1. Curl dry hair with straightener or curling wand. Feel free to completely screw the back section up, but try and be neat with the front if you want to have do the curly wispy fringe thing.
2. Tap some texturising/volumising powder (I used the David Babaii Instant Miracle powder) to the roots around the crown and top and scrunch hair.
3. Tease the hair at the back to create volume, spray with hairspray to hold. (I used Toni and Guy Hair Meets Wardrobe Firm Hold Hairspray)
4. Secure hair into a ponytail with an elastic
5. Attach the hair cuff (I used the Lady Jayne gold mini cuff, reviewed here)
6. Tease little wisps of hair out from ponytail to frame front of face if desired.
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Oct 31st, 2013 in Hair | 87790 comments. Super+Easy+Hair+Ideas%3A+Messy+Wavy+Cuffed+Ponytail2013-10-31+04%3A39%3A15myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D8779
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Paula’s Choice Berry & Bright Lip Collection: Review and Swatches
September Beauty Favourites: NARS, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Jojoba Company, and more
MUSQ Skincare Reviewed: Hand Wash and Face & Body Exfoliant
Rouge Bunny Rouge Umber Firefinch Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review, FOTD
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review