Hello from Canberra!
A few months ago, when I was still living in Melbourne, I went to a charity masquerade ball. It was my first masked ball, so of course I was pretty excited about coming up with a hair and makeup look for the night. I like the idea of a dark vampy lip worn with a venetian mask- there’s a bit of drama and mystery to the vampy lip that I think works well here. I regret not taking a picture of my mask- it’s a black lacy looking cats eye thing.
This YSL Glossy Stain lasted me all night through eating and drinking, it really is phenomenal in terms of longevity.
- MAC Quite Natural Paint Pot blended all over the mobile lid to crease and applied under the lower lashline
- Wolf eyeshadow (an antique gold with olive undertone) from the Illamasqua Neutral Palette applied to the mobile lid with a dense stiff eyeshadow brush stopping just before the crease.
- Vintage eyeshadow (dark matte chocolate brown) from the Neutral Palette used to define and darken the outer V.
- MAC Gold pigment applied to the bottom part of the upper lid (closest to the lashline).
- MAC Cork eyeshadow in crease.
- Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Espresso Ink to line upper lashline and darken outer third of bottom lashline
- MAC Gingerly blush
- MAC Bronzing Powder in Bronze.
- Bobbi Brown Champagne eyeshadow to highlight cupid’s bow.
Have you been to a masked/masquerade ball before? I’d love to hear about what makeup you wore in the comments
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Nov 27th, 2013 in Eye shadow, FOTD, Illamasqua, Lip Gloss | 90550 comments. Masked+Ball+Makeup+featuring+YSL+Violet+Edition+Glossy+Stain+2013-11-27+06%3A16%3A41myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D9055