After picking up Tom Ford Cocoa Mirage quad at the end of last year, I found myself reaching for it almost daily. For most of January I was in Perth- working and living out of a suitcase, so it was fantastic having such a versatile palette which can work with other shadows or on it’s own.
When I couldn’t be bothered to think about what to wear on my eyes (in the morning before work, or on my way out to drinks), I would do this super simple brown smoky eye. The concentration of the liner and shadows on the outer corners gives a subtle doe eyed look, and I’ve avoided lining the waterline to make it wearable for day and night- and work with both nude lips and bold lips.
Nothing groundbreaking here, but I thought it would be nice to show you what the shadows from the Cocoa Mirage quad look like as they’re layered step by step.
Keep reading after the jump!
1. Using Tom Ford Cocoa Mirage quad, apply the light camel brown shade (second from the left) all over the top lid. It is a soft warm colour which gives the overall look a subtle glow when it peaks out at the crease.
2. Apply the warm burgundy brown from Cocoa Mirage (first shadow from the right in swatch below) satin finish shadow to the mobile lid- packing the product on with a flat shader brush and stopping before the crease. Extend the shadow outwards towards the temple.
3. Smudge the dark matte brown from Cocoa Mirage (second shadow from the right) under the bottom lashline, and wing it out toward the temple to connect with the colour on the top. Concentrate the colour on the outer third.
4. Apply matte white shadow from the quad to the inner corner for a subtle highlight.
5- 6. Line upper lashline with matte brown pencil (I used Daniel Sandler Waterproof Eyeliner in Velvet Brown), and also line the outer half of the lower lashline (smudge inwards with finger or a cotton tip to smooth transition). Avoid the waterline.
7-8 Apply mascara.
- Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded to highlight cupid’s bow.Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Apr 1st, 2014 in Eye shadow, FOTD, Uncategorized | 99291 commentCocoa+Mirage+Brown+Smoky+Eye+%2B+Matte+Berry+Lip+FOTD+tutorial2014-04-01+07%3A00%3A26myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D9929
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review
Kinn Thai, Canberra: Straight, No Chaser
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder, Clarins Instant Light Concealer: In Search Of The Flawless Face
Foundation brush comparison: Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, Becca One Perfecting Brush, Beauty Blender
Jane Iredale Corrective Colours palette, Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Dark Circle Perfector SPF 14: In Search Of The Flawless Face