I feel like it’s been awhile since I’ve done a FOTD makeup post outside of a review, and I think part of that is because I’ve had most of my stash in boxes for the last 6 months.
It’s good to be finally settled in and unpacked after such much moving around. The majority of my beauty things kept in boxes in Sydney have arrived safely, and I’ve got my makeup essentials/favourites arranged neatly in my new Makeup Box Shop acrylic organiser.
There is a tragic side to this story, unfortunately. My favourite lip products (shown together in this post) have gone missing. I painstakingly packaged them in bubble wrap with some other valuables- my backup external hard drive, Phil’s point and shoot camera- and it has all been lost in the move between Melbourne to Canberra (via Sydney). I suppose there’s no point in fretting- don’t lip products have a 2 year expiry anyway?
Do you guys throw out lip products after a certain period, or do you tend to keep your favourite items for years longer than recommended like I do (my working theory is- that if it looks ok and smells ok then it stays).
Keep reading after the jump!
This makeup look is inspired by the Pantone Colour of the Year for 2014- Radiant Orchid. I love the Radiant Orchid images that I’ve seen around Pinterest and thought I’d like to try using this colour palette more often.
- MAC Scene (first swatch from left) blended all over the upper eyelid, past the crease
- MAC Fig 1 (second swatch from left) blended onto the bottom of the mobile lid stopping before crease. I also smudged this under the bottom lashline
- Smashbox Cabernet eyeshadow (third swatch from left) to darken outer V
- Charlotte Tilbury reddish copper shade from The Dolce Vita eyeshadow quad smudged under bottom lashline on outer third of lid.
- Daniel Sandler Black Velvet eyeliner to line upper lashline and bottom waterline.
- MAC Pink Swoon blush
Lips:Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Jul 7th, 2014 in BECCA, Eye shadow, FOTD, MAC | 105780 comments. Radiant+Orchid+inspired+FOTD%3A+Purple%2C+pink%2C+grey+and+gold.+2014-07-07+07%3A20%3A17myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D10578
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com email@example.com