I was reading this post on one of my favourite beauty blogs ‘Anatomy of Beauty’ last week, and I loved the bright zesty pop of green that Blanka used, made so wearable by the neutral taupe in the crease. I realised that I had not yet touched my MAC Bitter eyeshadow that I had purchased quite some time ago, and decided to take Bitter for a spin on Friday.
Bitter is a velvet finish citron-chartreuse, with sheer to medium pigmentation. I find that I need a matte white base for Bitter to show up properly on the lids- which surprised me after seeing so many super pigmented swatches of Bitter around the internetz. It’s a gorgeous colour, though, and if you’re looking for a delicate chartreuse for Spring- Bitter works wonderfully.
Keep reading after the jump!
– L’oreal white eyeliner applied to the top mobile lid. Any white blendable eyeliner will do, the white base just helps with accentuating the vibrance and pigmentation of bright colours like the MAC Bitter eyeshadow (which is a bit on the sheer side).
– MAC Bitter Eyeshadow packed on to the upper lid close to the lashline, and applying lightly to the inner corners. I felt like I really needed to apply quite a bit of product for the colour to show up well, even with the white base.
– MAC Cork + MAC Copperplate eyeshadow blended on the upper lids past crease
– MAC Mystery eyeshadow to darken outer V
– MAC Superslick liquid eyeliner in On The Hunt (shiny black) flicked out in a cats eye on the upper lashline.
– MAC Bronzing powder in Bronze to contour cheekbones
– llamasqua Naked Rose blush applied lightly on apples.
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Aug 26th, 2014 in Chanel, Eye shadow, FOTD, MAC | 107150 comments. Citron+Pop+with+MAC+Bitter+%2B+Neutral+Face+FOTD2014-08-26+05%3A35%3A58myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D10715
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com email@example.com
Paula’s Choice Berry & Bright Lip Collection: Review and Swatches
September Beauty Favourites: NARS, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Jojoba Company, and more
MUSQ Skincare Reviewed: Hand Wash and Face & Body Exfoliant
Rouge Bunny Rouge Umber Firefinch Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review, FOTD
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review