I knew for a long time that I would be doing my own makeup at my wedding- even before I got engaged. More recently I decided that I would like to do the makeup for my bridesmaids as well.
Bridal hair, on the other hand, is best left to a professional- and I’ve found someone in Hobart while I was there a few weeks ago.
I’m under no illusions that this will be an easy feat- and realise that taking on the responsibility of doing everyone’s makeup will require a fair bit of planning, and a number of ‘makeup trials’ to get to know my bridesmaids’ faces (monolids in particular will be a challenge).
Our wedding will be in a year’s time, and I’ll be throwing around some bridal makeup ideas. Some better than others, probably. Here is the first one.
– matte camel brown shade from Tom Ford Cocoa Mirage palette blended all over the lid to the crease
– Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe applied to the upper lid below the crease.
– MAC Scene eyeshadow (matte grey) on top of Tough as Taupe to set the product. I also used a little under the bottom lashline on the outer third, to tie things together. I would have probably preferred MAC Copperplate but it’s gone missing
– MAC Uninterrupted eyeshadow (matte mustard brown) to warm up the crease and smudged under the outer third of bottom lashline.
– Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink to line the upper lashline
– MAC Blushbaby
– MAC Bronzing powder in Bronze.
– NARS Audacious Lipstick in Anita
– NARS Sheer Glow in Fiji
– Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light
– Skindinavia Makeup Setting Spray.
Have you ever done the makeup for yourselves or bridal party? If you have any tips or warnings, let me know in the comments- I’d love to hear from you!Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Apr 12th, 2015 in FOTD | 111250 comments. Bridesmaid+look+%231+%3A+earthy+greige+eyes%2C+pink+lips2015-04-12+01%3A10%3A05myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D11125
Tags: Bridal makeup
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com email@example.com
Paula’s Choice Berry & Bright Lip Collection: Review and Swatches
September Beauty Favourites: NARS, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Jojoba Company, and more
MUSQ Skincare Reviewed: Hand Wash and Face & Body Exfoliant
Rouge Bunny Rouge Umber Firefinch Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review, FOTD
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review