It seems that every time I blog about a ‘nude’ a product I feel e need to make the post title more and more cheeky. Indulge me if you can.
So this September, it was decided at BanditHQ (aka twitter) that we were going to bring you posts of our favorite nudes. If you haven’t previously read one of our Lipstick Bandit posts, you are in for a treat as the Bandit group of beauty bloggers around the world simultaneously post on the subject du jour. We each have different personal styles and skin tones so you will get a unique perspective from each blog.
The nude lipstick featured here with a smokey eye is NARS Tzigane (swatched here as part of my NARS lipstick collection). Tzigane is one of my all time favourite nude shades and something that I feel goes perfectly with almost any look. It’s not a super pale nude- more of a MLBB peachy toned nude which I feel suits my skin tone best (pale nudes like MAC Myth lipstick makes me look like the walking dead).
NARS Tzigane is moderately pigmented with a subtle glossy finish and wears comfortably on the lips. Love love love it.
- Two faced shadow insurance to prime lids
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Bejewelled Skylark eyeshadow (swatched and reviewed here) blended on mobile lid to crease, and extended out a little towards the temples.
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Bejewelled Skylark eyeshadow smudged under bottom lashline.
- MAC Omega eyeshadow to blend any harsh edges around the RBR eyeshadow
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Bronze applied to the inner corners of eyes and tear duct area as a highlight. I used the pinkish shades for the beautiful pink quartz coloured shimmer which goes so well with Tzigane and the burgundy tones in the RBR eyeshadow.
- MAC Blacktrack Fluidline to line upper and bottom lashlines and waterline.
- Majorca Majolica Lash Expander Plus fiber mascara.
- MAC Golden Bronzer to contour
- MAC Blushbaby powder blush on apples (swatched here forever and a day ago)
Keep reading after the jump!
myfunnyvalentine on Sep 24th, 2012 in Bobbi Brown, FOTD, Lipstick, Lipstick Bandits, NARS | 51740 comments. Smoking+in+the+nude%3A+A+Lipstick+Bandits+post2012-09-24+12%3A59%3A23myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5174
Tags: Lipstick Bandits
I wore this to work the other day and I quite liked the effect of pairing a warm peachy brown base (Ellis Faas Creamy Eyes E106) with a cooler gold taupe (Fyrinnae Beholder eye shadow). I’ve also really been enjoying using a dark brown gel liner to create a softer day time smoky eye lately, and Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Espresso Ink is probably the best dark brown liner I’ve used.
You have no idea how long I’ve been looking for a deep dark neutral brown liner that stays on my waterline and doesn’t have any shimmer/ bronzey tones/ red tones (MAC Teddy Eye Khol is more of a bronze, MAC Costa Riche liner has a reddish undertone which makes me look ill, MAC Dip Down Fluidline is not dark enough, my Stila Smudge Pot in Brown dried up so quickly and was unusable after a few weeks, and Urban Decay Whiskey pencil doesn’t stay on my waterline for more than 5 minutes). So as you might imagine it was a happy day when I first came across the Bobbi Brown Espresso Ink liner.
keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on May 25th, 2012 in Bobbi Brown, Ellis Faas, FOTD, Reviews | 48800 comments. Work+makeup%3A+Soft+taupe+smoky+eye+and+nude+lips+FOTD2012-05-25+06%3A27%3A01myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D4880
Happy friday everyone!
As you may have heard on twitter I was over the moon when I reached 400 followers on My Funny Valentine. To mark the occasion and to say a big THANKYOU to everyone for supporting my little blog, I have some goodies in my hot little hands to give away!
Bobbi Brown Lip Balm SPF 15 (AUS RRP $42)- it’s one of my absolute favourite lip balms. I reviewed it here.
Benefit Feelin’ Cheeky Minis (a Sephora exclusive) with Posie Tint, Benetint, and High Beam illuminator.
note: all items were purchased by me and are new in box.
How to enter:
You must be a public follower of this blog through Google Friend Connect to enter.
1. For one entry, leave a comment below saying absolutely anything! Make sure you include your email address.
2. For one extra entry and tweet about this giveaway (using the tweet button at the end of this post), and tag me @Jfunnyvalentine.
3. For a whopping 4 extra entries put a link to the giveaway on your sidebar or blog post (please include the link to this in your comment below you can add this in another comment later if you wish)
So there you have it folks! You can give yourself 6 chances to win just by following all three steps. Easy peasy lemon squeezy! If you have any questions or just feel like telling me how your day is, email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
The competition is open internationally and will run until Wednesday 31th August midnight Sydney time. I will draw the winner using a random number generator and email the winner on Thursday 1st of September.
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Aug 5th, 2011 in Bobbi Brown, Miscellaneous | 12351 commentMy+Funny+Valentine+Bobbi+Brown+and+Benefit+Giveaway%21+2011-08-05+03%3A46%3A07myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D1235
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Apr 19th, 2011 in Bobbi Brown, Lip balm, Reviews | 1656commentsBobbi+Brown+Lip+Balm+SPF+15-+a+review2011-04-19+23%3A32%3A00myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D165
I chose to use the Bobbi Brown Poweful Face Palette from their limited edition Pretty Powerful collection.
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Mar 29th, 2011 in Bobbi Brown | 1442commentsPretty+Powerful%3A+Bobbi+Brown+Event+with+Sebastien+Tardif2011-03-29+22%3A11%3A00myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D144