I was on my way out to dinner a few weeks ago and I felt like indulging in a little bit of sparkle. I hadn’t used my Chanel Illusion D’Ombre in Mirifique for a long time so I had a play with using Mirifique together with a little bit of MAC Reflects Glitter in Gold to heighten the sparkly effect.
I love my Reflects Gold and really don’t use this enough- it gives a beautiful sophisticated sparkle without chunky glitter, and adheres to the lid really well when used with a cream shadow like the Illusion D’Ombre. I’d love to try it on taupe shadow (it’s on the list of my 358 other things I need to try).
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Jan 22nd, 2013 in Chanel, Eye shadow, FOTD | 613024commentsBlack+Diamond%3A+A+Shimmery+Smoky+Eye+Feat.+Chanel+Mirifique2013-01-22+01%3A34%3A20myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D6130
Jessica Rabbit is one of my favourite cartoon characters of all time, and arguably one of the sexiest cartoon females ever drawn. She’s such a fun character, and an awesome halloween or dress up idea.
A long time ago I attempted a Jessica Rabbit FOTD on this blog (I’m not going to link it because I’m a little embarrassed by my early FOTDs). Now that my hair is actually red I thought it would be fun to try my hand at another Jessica Rabbit look.
– Two Faced Shadow Insurance to prime
– Urban Decay ‘Sin’ eyeshadow from the UD Naked Palette applied on lower part of mobile lid and on the inner corner to highlight. (Urban Decay Naked Palette swatched here)
– Smashbox ‘Ink’ eyeshadow on mobile lid on top of ‘Sin’
– Smashbox ‘Cabernet’ eyeshadow on outer V and blended into and past the crease.
– Smashbox ‘Cabernet’ eyeshadow smudged into outer 1/3rd of bottom lashline.
– MAC Mystery eyeshadow to darken outer V. (swatched here)
– MAC Omega eyeshadow to blend edges around top of crease. (swatched here)
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Sep 3rd, 2012 in Chanel, FOTD, Uncategorized | 514412commentsI%27m+not+bad%2C+I%27m+just+drawn+that+way%3A+A+Jessica+Rabbit+FOTD2012-09-03+03%3A23%3A05myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5144
It was decided by our international group of Lipstick Bandits that this instalment was going to be all about Summer brights and corals.
It’s somewhat amusing that I’m writing this post in late autumn, sitting in bed wearing two scarves, long johns, and sharing a hot water bottle with Dizzy. This is my little glimpse of warm weather, which I’m quite enjoying!
– Two Faced Shadow Insurance to prime lids
– NARS Grand Palais Duo (dusty pink side) on mobile lid past the crease. (review and swatches here)
– MAC Embark eyeshadow to darken outer V and smudged under bottom lashline.
– Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Espresso Ink to line upper lashline and lower waterline
– Majorca Majolica Lash Expander Plus mascara
– Bobbi Brown Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow in Champagne to highlight inner corners and cupid’s bow.
– MAC Golden Bronzer to contour
– MAC Peachy blush
– Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet ‘La Ravissante’
Make sure to check out the other corals we’ve picked for you- I can’t wait to be able to click through to the other Lipstick Bandits posts later on.
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on May 28th, 2012 in Chanel, FOTD, Lipstick | 48730 comments. Monochromatic+Coral+for+summer%3A+A+Lipstick+Bandits+Post2012-05-28+22%3A59%3A59myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D4873
Tags: Lipstick Bandits
When I first had a play with the Illamasqua Skin Base 01 from the Human Fundamentalism collection (review and swatches here) it struck me as the perfect white base for a range of halloween/dress-up party looks, including Marie Antoinette, Geisha looks, and any ghost/vampire/zombie looks.
I thought it would be fun to try a Marie Antoinette dress up FOTD using the Illamasqua Skin Base 01 , copious amounts of blush, and some dry shampoo to emulate Marie Antoinettes powdered wigs. After I took the photos and had a look at them I realised the my ‘Marie Antoinette’ looked like a ghaul. Ah well!
And of course I couldn’t do a Marie Antoinette FOTD without also trying to create the Kirsten Dunst bathtub scene look in Sophia Coppola’s film ‘Marie Antoinette’ (Kirsten Dunst wears black lipstick in a fantasy sequence where she utters that famous line ‘let them eat cake’). Thus the Chanel Rouge Coco Rouge Noir in the image below.
– Illamasqua Skin Base foundation 01 (pure white)
– Two Faced Shadow Insurance to prime lids
– NARS Grand Palais Duo (dusty pink side) all over mobile lid to crease. Swatches and review here.
– MAC Embark eyeshadow on mobile lid stopping before crease.
– Bobbi Brown Gel Liner Espresso Ink to line upper lashline.
– MAC Posie Blushcreme applied low on apples of cheeks and blended downwards to jawline.
– NARS Mounia blush to deepen the blush and give some dimension.
– Lipstick Queen Red Sinner lipstick
– Chanel Rouge Coco Rouge Noir lipstick was used in the last image.
It’s always exciting looking through the newly released images after each runway show, and the Paris Spring Haute Couture 2012 runways did not disappoint.
Here are some of my favourites…
Just in time for Valentine’s Day, the makeup at Christian Dior S/S Haute Couture 2012 show struck the perfect balance between ethereal and sex bomb.
I love the silver on the inner corners, the combination of soft matte white with a warm caramel crease, and the perfect highlighting.
Christian Dior Haute Couture 2012 images courtesy of www.style.com
Peter Philips has done it again, and it looks as if I’ll be needing yet another Illusion D’Ombre when the new ones are released.
Keep reading after the jump!Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Feb 5th, 2012 in Chanel, Runway | 37640 comments. The+Edit%3A+beauty+looks+from+the+Paris+Spring+Haute+Couture+2012+runways2012-02-05+22%3A13%3A45myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D3764
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com email@example.com
Paula’s Choice Berry & Bright Lip Collection: Review and Swatches
September Beauty Favourites: NARS, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Jojoba Company, and more
MUSQ Skincare Reviewed: Hand Wash and Face & Body Exfoliant
Rouge Bunny Rouge Umber Firefinch Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review, FOTD
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review