As much as I love all the sheer glossy lipstick/gloss hybrids that are coming through collection after collection, it’s refreshing and exciting to see Chanel create a beautiful matte lipstick.
I really love La Ravissante for it’s versatility, it’s feather-light silky texture, and the fact that it’s like summer in lipstick form (which is coming in useful since we’re not really getting Summer in weather form this year).
Matte grapefruit coral. Looks amazing worn bold, or patted onto the lips for a soft kissable coral stain.
It’s not a moisturising lipstick by any means, but for a matte lipstick I don’t find it drying on my lips. Glides on silky and evenly.
The wear time of Chanel La Ravissante Rouge Allure Velvet is outstanding. At the 4hr mark it’s still visible as a soft stain, which is impressive for such a light colour.
Don’t miss the FOTD- keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Jan 29th, 2012 in Chanel, FOTD, Lipstick | 34154commentsSummer+Lovin%27+%3A+Chanel+La+Ravissante+Rouge+Allure+Velvet++review%2C+swatches%2C+and+FOTD2012-01-29+10%3A41%3A34myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D3415
I hope you’ve all been well and having a fantastic start to 2012 so far.
For me it’s the year of big changes and leaps into the unknown- I’ll be moving myself and Dizzy to Melbourne ( just because) after being very happy in regional NSW for over 3 yrs; possibly going to Peru for a month to volunteer alongside other eyecare professionals; letting go of old and destructive relationships and starting new ones; and of course in the blog-world getting use to life after Google Friend Connect. I should be excited but at the moment I feel a little like I’m standing at the edge of a precipice.
In other news, I wore Chanel Illusion D’Ombre in Ebloui the other night.
– Two Faced Shadow Insurance to prime lids
– Chanel Illusion D’Ombre in Ebloui (swatch and review here) on lid blended up to crease with fingers.
– MAC Embark eyeshadow smudged below bottom lashline
– MAC Omega eyeshadow to blend harsh edges below Embark.
– MAC Blacktrack Fluidline to line upper lashline and lower waterline.
– MAC Blushbaby blush
– Chanel Rouge Coco Shine ‘Boy’Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Jan 17th, 2012 in Chanel, Eye shadow, FOTD | 36310 comments. Smokey+Terracotta%3A+FOTD+featuring+Chanel+Illusion+D%27Ombre+Ebloui2012-01-17+11%3A02%3A12myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D3631
Sorry I’ve been missing in action lately. I had a very lazy holiday period, and when I was rested and ready to blog up a storm- My Funny Valentine came down with a mysterious case of trojan flu. Yes, again (FML).
For a few terrifying days I actually thought that I would have to either give up on the MFV for good, or move back to blogspot. Thankfully, Sarah from Dempeaux came to the rescue (well, technically her programmer boyfriend did) and we found 4 separate lines of malicious code lurking … maliciously?.. in my theme files.
I want to say a heartfelt THANK YOU to all the lovely readers that tweeted and emailed me letting me know what the situation was on their end- what would I do without you guys?
[edit: less than 5hrs after publishing this post, Sarah from Dempeaux and her programmer boyfriend alerted me to the fact that there were suddenly hundreds of malicious lines of code on my blog seeded across a number of blog files- they were being churned out by some sort of Russian virus hiding in my TimThumb plugin files. Sarah’s boyfriend was kind enough to nurse my poor little blog back to health last night- I can’t thank them enough.]
So now that we’re back on track- here is a FOTD that I had been wearing quite a bit lately (I’m pretty sure I wore this on NYE) . It’s a plummy taupey soft smokey eye with a bit of Illusion D’Ombre shimmer.
I hope that you’re all enjoying the festive season so far. The Lipstick Bandits around the world have come together to bring you some holiday sparkles.
– Two Faced Shadow Insurance all over lid to prime.
– Rouge Bunny Rouge Abyssinian Catbird eye shadow on mobile lid (reviewed and swatched here)
– Urban Decay ‘Hustle’ eye shadow from Naked Palette to darken outer third of top lid.
– Urban Decay ‘Sin’ eye shadow from Naked Palette inner corner highlight.
– MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
– MAC Peaches powder blush
– MAC Redd lip liner
– Chanel Gabrielle Rouge Coco lipstick (apply, then blot the excess)
– MAC Dazzleglass in Get Rich Quick on top of Gabrielle on the middle of lips.
I haven’t worn Chanel Rouge Coco Gabrielle in too long- it’s the perfect true red with that gorgeous silky Rouge Coco texture. I used Get Rich Quick for the festive gold and green sparkles which I think works nicely with the old gold undertones of Abyssinian Catbird.
I gotta be honest- these lips are not exactly low maintenance. You will need to check on your teeth every 15minutes minimum, and kissing is out of the question O_o.
Check out what the other Lipstick Bandits have in store for your lips!
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Dec 28th, 2011 in Chanel, FOTD, Lip Gloss, Lipstick, Lipstick Bandits, MAC | 33420 comments. Lipstick+Bandits+gets+you+party+ready%3A+a+red+sparkly+lip+FOTD2011-12-28+01%3A58%3A43myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D3342
I know that here in Australia we’re heading into Summer, but I can’t get enough of Fall colours, and would happily wear a vampy lip all year round. So here I’m wearing my Fall lipstick pick- MAC Sheen Supreme lipstick in ‘Good to be Bad’.
FOTD makeup breakdown:
-Chanel Illusion D’Ombre Mirifique in a sheer layer blended on mobile lid.
– NARS Grand Palais Duo (pinky brown side) in crease
– MUFE waterproof eye brow corrector to fill in brows
– Lord and Berry Inkglam Liquid Eyeliner on top lashline
– Rouge Bunny Rouge Gracilis blush
– MAC Sheen Supreme lipstick ‘Good to be Bad’.
Wondering what the other Lipstick Bandits are loving? Check out these posts for all our fall favourites:
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com email@example.com
Paula’s Choice Berry & Bright Lip Collection: Review and Swatches
September Beauty Favourites: NARS, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Jojoba Company, and more
MUSQ Skincare Reviewed: Hand Wash and Face & Body Exfoliant
Rouge Bunny Rouge Umber Firefinch Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review, FOTD
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review