Hello from Canberra!
A few months ago, when I was still living in Melbourne, I went to a charity masquerade ball. It was my first masked ball, so of course I was pretty excited about coming up with a hair and makeup look for the night. I like the idea of a dark vampy lip worn with a venetian mask- there’s a bit of drama and mystery to the vampy lip that I think works well here. I regret not taking a picture of my mask- it’s a black lacy looking cats eye thing.
This YSL Glossy Stain lasted me all night through eating and drinking, it really is phenomenal in terms of longevity.
- MAC Quite Natural Paint Pot blended all over the mobile lid to crease and applied under the lower lashline
- Wolf eyeshadow (an antique gold with olive undertone) from the Illamasqua Neutral Palette applied to the mobile lid with a dense stiff eyeshadow brush stopping just before the crease.
- Vintage eyeshadow (dark matte chocolate brown) from the Neutral Palette used to define and darken the outer V.
- MAC Gold pigment applied to the bottom part of the upper lid (closest to the lashline).
- MAC Cork eyeshadow in crease.
- Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Espresso Ink to line upper lashline and darken outer third of bottom lashline
- MAC Gingerly blush
- MAC Bronzing Powder in Bronze.
- Bobbi Brown Champagne eyeshadow to highlight cupid’s bow.
Have you been to a masked/masquerade ball before? I’d love to hear about what makeup you wore in the comments
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Nov 27th, 2013 in Eye shadow, FOTD, Illamasqua, Lip Gloss | 90550 comments. Masked+Ball+Makeup+featuring+YSL+Violet+Edition+Glossy+Stain+2013-11-27+06%3A16%3A41myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D9055
I wore this makeup look to a friend’s birthday party when it was starting to get warmer in Melbourne. Peach and gold is a winner for sultry nights IMHO.
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Nov 4th, 2013 in Bobbi Brown, Chanel, Eye shadow, FOTD | 90410 comments. Peach%2C+Black%2C+and+Gold%3A+Summertime+Party+Makeup+2013-11-04+05%3A41%3A59myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D9041
Tags: Burberry Lip Mist
Pastels and floral type colours have never been my thing- so when I received the Estee Lauder Pretty Naughty palette for review, I found myself a little out of my comfort zone. I’m glad I had the chance to play with this palette, because I really can’t (or shouldn’t) go on wearing Fall colours all year round.
Keep reading after the jump!
Tags: Estee Lauder
The Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow Palette in Pretty Naughty (90 AUD) has been recently released in Australia as part of their Pretty Naughty Spring 2013 collection. The palette combines soft pastels (the ‘pretty’) with a bold charcoal centre (the ‘naughty’)- allowing you to create both soft day time looks and dramatic smoky eyes.
I don’t often use pastels or very ‘spring’ type colours regularly, so this palette has forced me to explore out of my comfort zone. I like that, and I think I will be dabbling in this colour family more over the coming Spring months in Australia. The quality of the shadows is great- finely milled, and some of these are surprisingly pigmented (particularly the charcoal black, the aqua blue, and the lilac shades).
The shades in this palette include a matte light aqua blue, a bronzey taupe shimmer, a lilac shimmer, a satin finish pale cool pink, and a shimmery charcoal in the centre. These are great colours for Spring, and the way I like to use this palette is to use two to three of these colours together in combination with other matte neutrals in my stash- I don’t think I can pull off wearing all five of these colours in the palette together in one look (although Paris from My Women Stuff does this very well).
Stay tuned for the upcoming FOTD featuring this palette!
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Oct 16th, 2013 in Eye shadow, Lipstick, Reviews, Swatches | 85400 comments. Estee+Lauder+Pretty+Naughty+Palette+and+Naked+Pure+Color+Sheer+Matte+Lipstick%3A+Review%2C+and+Swatches2013-10-15+23%3A58%3A03myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D8540
Turquoise/ Azure blue was always a colour that I considered just out of my makeup comfort zone. Whenever I think of bright blue eyeshadow, images of Malibu Barbie and the mother from Bewitched come to mind and scares me off.
A few weekends ago, I tried using the new Face Of Australia Budgeproof eyeshadow as a bold graphic liner- and I quite like how it turned out. No hint of barbie- just a simple, updated take on the cat’s eye.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance to prime
- Face Of Australia Budge Proof Eyeshadow in Mermaid Blue* applied with a stiff brush in a thick line across the upper lid and flicked outwards. I used about 3 layers to get this level of intensity.
- MAC Blacktrack Fluidline pushed into the upper lashline and between lashes.
- Illamasqua Naked Rose blush on apples
- NARS Tzigane lipstick applied above Bangkok.
David Babaii Boho Beach Spray* through mid lengths to ends and scrunched through for volume and texture. This stuff smells like summer in a bottle.
Keep reading after the jump!Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Aug 20th, 2013 in Drugstore, Eye shadow, FOTD, Hair, Illamasqua, NARS | 80050 comments. Mermaid+Blue%3A+Graphic+Blue+Eyeliner+FOTD2013-08-20+03%3A45%3A25myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D8005