I’ve been casting my greedy eyes on the Rouge Bunny Rouge matte shadows on Beautybay.com for some time now, and when these went on sale earlier I couldn’t resist picking up two shades. There’s something to be said about having some everyday work horse colours in luxury formulations.
Blackpepper Jay (left swatch above) is a deep ashy brown matte with medium to full pigmentation. It is similar to MAC Mystery, but is slightly darker and ashier (and far, far more blendable). It’s a fantastic brow shade for those with black or very dark brown hair- I’ve been using this as my go to brow filling product every day since getting this.
Grey Go-Away Lourie (right swatch) is a medium neutral-maybe- leaning-slightly- cool grey. Pigmentation here is also medium, buildable to full.
The texture of these are dreamy- as you would expect from RBR. Buttery, super blendable, and layers well. There aren’t that many mattes around that can compete with RBR mattes in terms of texture. Longevity is about average on my oily lids- no better or worse than most- there is some mild fading at the 5hr mark, and significant fading at the 8 hr mark
Am I glad I bought these? Hell yes, and I recently picked up Papyrus Canary when it popped up on Beauty Bay. Life is too short for chalky eyeshadow.
Wearing Grey Go-Away Lourie as a wash across the lids and blended out with a beige shade in the crease. NARS Velvet Matte Pencil in Dolce Vita on lips.
Wearing Blackpepper Jay on eyebrows and as a single wash over the lids, and a little bit of an inner corner highlight. NARS Joyous Red on lips.
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Jul 29th, 2015 in Eye shadow, FOTD | 1132612commentsRouge+Bunny+Rouge+Eyeshadows+Grey+Go-Away+Lourie+and+Blackpepper+Jay%3A+Review2015-07-29+06%3A14%3A06myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D11326
Tags: Rouge Bunny Rouge
This limited edition collection is inspired by one of Bobbi’s favourite destinations- Telluride Colorado. The collection features shades of tawny nude, rose gold, pinky bronze, reminiscent of the late afternoon sun in Telluride. It consists of a limited edition eyeshadow palette, 3 Pot Rouge shadeds for lips and cheeks, a limited edition Shimmer Brick in Sunset Pink, and 3 lip trios (lipstick, lip pencil, gloss).
I was very fortunate to receive the limited edition Telluride Eye Palette to swatch and review.
Bobbi Brown says..
” A palette of sunset-inspired eye shadow shades that deliver a range of brilliant eye looks. Featuring seven earthy eye shadows in a variety of brown, soft blush and mauve hues, this palette is a fresh take on a neutral eye—a major makeup trend from Fall 2015 New York Fashion Week. The palette includes a sleek Dual-Ended Eye Shadow/Eye Liner Brush for on-the-go application. ”
From left to right:
‘Cream’ is a (very) sheer matte warm white. I apologise if you can’t see the swatch, my camera didn’t pick it up well.
‘Woodrose’ is a sheer but buildable light brown taupe in a matte finish. This works well as a subtle crease shade that works with almost everything- I love this colour and wish it was more pigmented.
‘Velvet Plum Metallic’ is a medium but buildable pigmentation plummy bronze in a shimmer/metallic finish. The fine shimmers in this shade give the lids that ‘glossy look’ I adore . This is my favourite shade in the palette.
‘Blazing Star Sparkle’ is a white glitter shade in a clear base.
‘Heather Rose Shimmer Wash’ is bronze with multicoloured shimmer and medium pigmentation. The shimmer particles are on the larger side, and does seem to create a lot of fallout so be careful with the application of this one.
‘Antique Rose’ is a sheer to medium pigmentation dusty rose beige in a matte finish. Gorgeous shade, but it fades pretty quickly on me.
‘Smokey Brown’ is an extremely pigmented blackened espresso brown in a matte finish. This is a great shade because it works so well as a liner (it’s so pigmented it looks like a cream product even when applied dry), as well as a fantastic dark brown/black matte shade that blends out smoothly and doesn’t catch on the skin.
The dual ended brush that comes with the palette is pretty decent quality (surprisingly! I get so many crappy sponge applicators with my high end eyeshadow palettes, I usually just throw them out) I use the fluffy side for applying and blending shadow, the flat synthetic bristles on the other side works well for applying Smokey Brown as a liner.
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Jun 30th, 2015 in Bobbi Brown, Eye shadow, FOTD, Reviews, Swatches | 1138117commentsBobbi+Brown+Telluride+Eyeshadow+Palette%3A+Review%2C+Swatches%2C+FOTD2015-06-30+05%3A27%3A58myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D11381
I’m still umming and ahh-ing about whether or not to have a bold lip at my wedding (because church kiss), but I really love the idea of a deep berry lip during an Autumn wedding. Such a difficult decision to make! If you’ve worn a bold lip down the aisle, I’d love to hear how it went- did half of it end up on the groom?
I’m not sure Phil suits a vampy lip.
– Matte beige shade from the Sleek Storm palette blended all over top lid just past the crease (3rd shadow from the left on the top row of shadows in the palette)
– Matte purple shade from Tom Ford Orchid Haze Quad in the outer V and smudged under bottom lashline
– Matte neutral greyish brown shade from Sleek Storm palette (second from the right on the bottom row of shadows) blended lightly in the crease and the outer 3rd of bottom lashline.
– Silvery shade from Orchid haze applied in the inner corner to highlight
– Shimmery taupe from Orchid Haze palette (top right) applied to the centre of the top lid and blended slightly outwards and upwards.
– Bobbi Brown Gel eyeliner in Espresso Ink to line the top lashline and smudged along the edge of the lashline on the outer 3rd of the bottom lids.
(yes I love wearing this lip product as a cheek colour)
Lips:myfunnyvalentine on Jun 16th, 2015 in FOTD | 112232commentsAutumn+bridal+makeup%3A+berry+lip%2C+glowy+eyes2015-06-16+06%3A06%3A18myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D11223
– Matte light brown shade from Tom Ford Cocoa Mirage blended all over the top lid. I also smudged this under the bottom lashline concentrating on the outer half towards the temples.
– Rusty brown satin shade (the right side) of NARS Surabaya Eyeshadow Duo applied on the top lid close to the lashline and blended up stopping just before the crease.
– Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink to line in a cat’s eye
– MAC Gingerly
– NARS Heatwave lipstick
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on May 21st, 2015 in FOTD | 112180 comments. Bridal+%2F+Bridesmaid+makeup+look+%233%3A+Rusty+toned+Eyes%2C+Orange+Red+Lips+2015-05-21+01%3A51%3A16myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D11218
Another possible bridesmaid look (see first post in this series here). In retrospect, I would deepen the purple in the outer V and make the eye makeup a little more structured so that it photographs better at a distance. I contoured with my bronzer, but I think a proper contouring shade (lately I’ve been using the Face Of Australia duo, which I quite like) is definitely called for.
Now that I think about it- it’s not really a bridal look at all. It’s more of a 9 to 5 work makeup look. Oh well.
– Urban Decay Buck eyeshadow from the Naked Palette blended all over the top lid until just past the crease.
– Matte aubergine shade from Tom Ford Orchid Haze quad blended in outer V and smudged lightly under bottom lashline.
– pale pink frosty shade from the Jane Iredale Getaway Palette applied wet close to the top lashline on the inner 1/2.
– Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink to line.
– MAC Peaches blush on apples
– MAC Bronzing Powder in Bronze to contour
– I layered NARS Pillow Talk gloss on top on the bottom photo – I think that photographs better, what do you think?
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on May 7th, 2015 in FOTD, NARS | 111350 comments. Bridesmaid+look%2F++work+makeup+-+purple+and+pink+and+brown2015-05-07+10%3A33%3A34myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D11135
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com email@example.com
Paula’s Choice Berry & Bright Lip Collection: Review and Swatches
September Beauty Favourites: NARS, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Jojoba Company, and more
MUSQ Skincare Reviewed: Hand Wash and Face & Body Exfoliant
Rouge Bunny Rouge Umber Firefinch Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review, FOTD
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review