Hello from Canberra!
A few months ago, when I was still living in Melbourne, I went to a charity masquerade ball. It was my first masked ball, so of course I was pretty excited about coming up with a hair and makeup look for the night. I like the idea of a dark vampy lip worn with a venetian mask- there’s a bit of drama and mystery to the vampy lip that I think works well here. I regret not taking a picture of my mask- it’s a black lacy looking cats eye thing.
This YSL Glossy Stain lasted me all night through eating and drinking, it really is phenomenal in terms of longevity.
- MAC Quite Natural Paint Pot blended all over the mobile lid to crease and applied under the lower lashline
- Wolf eyeshadow (an antique gold with olive undertone) from the Illamasqua Neutral Palette applied to the mobile lid with a dense stiff eyeshadow brush stopping just before the crease.
- Vintage eyeshadow (dark matte chocolate brown) from the Neutral Palette used to define and darken the outer V.
- MAC Gold pigment applied to the bottom part of the upper lid (closest to the lashline).
- MAC Cork eyeshadow in crease.
- Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Espresso Ink to line upper lashline and darken outer third of bottom lashline
- MAC Gingerly blush
- MAC Bronzing Powder in Bronze.
- Bobbi Brown Champagne eyeshadow to highlight cupid’s bow.
Have you been to a masked/masquerade ball before? I’d love to hear about what makeup you wore in the comments
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Nov 27th, 2013 in Eye shadow, FOTD, Illamasqua, Lip Gloss | 90550 comments. Masked+Ball+Makeup+featuring+YSL+Violet+Edition+Glossy+Stain+2013-11-27+06%3A16%3A41myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D9055
Hello from Canberra!
I was tagged some time ago (we won’t mention how long because I’m a little ashamed of how backlogged my posts have been) by the lovely Tine to do a 5 Makeup Products post. The challenge is to pick 5 products, and only 5- to create a makeup look. I was surprised at how difficult this was for me to do! Foundation, concealor, eyeshadow primer, one or two neutral eyeshadows, eyeliner, brows, mascara, blush, and a lippy- that’s bare bones for me and that’s already double the number of products for the challenge.
Anyway, we got there in the end. I’m better at being minimalistic and using multitasking products since the last month or so of travelling and living out of a suitcase.
2. NARS Sheer Glow in Fiji
4. MAC eyebrow pencil in Stud.
5. L’Oreal False Lash Telescopic mascara
myfunnyvalentine on Nov 20th, 2013 in FOTD | 90360 comments. Tag%2C+I%27m+It%21+5+Product+Makeup+FOTD+2013-11-20+04%3A33%3A54myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D9036
If you haven’t already noticed, I’m a big fan of the Becca Ultimate Colour Glosses. They have a gorgeous colour range, and have a feather light, non sticky texture that feels great on the lips all day. The standout shade for me out of the 7 shades I’ve tried is still Berry Twist- for it’s incredible pigmentation and wear time.
I was given the opportunity to review 4 colours from the Becca Ultimate Colour Gloss range- Malibu Punch, Flamingo Crush, Palm Breeze, and Autumn Punch. I’ve also purchased the shade ‘Hummingbird’ so keep and eye out for the upcoming review.
Price: $42 Aus rrp, $33.60 at Ry.com.au
Malibu Punch is a bright tangerine orange. It looks quite intense and pigmented on application, but becomes a little more muted and ‘natural’ looking after being on the lips for over 10mins. I love how it looks with neutral eye makeup and some bronzer.
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Nov 13th, 2013 in BECCA, FOTD, Lip Gloss, Reviews, Swatches | 89540 comments. BECCA+Ultimate+Colour+Gloss+in+Palm+Breeze%2C+Flamingo+Crush%2C+Malibu+Punch%2C+Autumn+Punch%2C+2013-11-13+04%3A10%3A24myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D8954
I have an unhealthy addiction to sepia toned makeup- and have a rather large collection of taupe lip products. Too many Burberry ads? Perhaps. The Becca Ultimate Colour Gloss in Autumn Punch is the newest addition, and I adore it.
For the latest Antipodean Beauties makeup challenge, we had to create a neutral makeup look- so I cheated and used an image from an upcoming blog post featuring my new Becca Ultimate Colour Gloss acquisitions (courtesy, of Ry.com.au – thanks guys). This is a pretty typical neutral look I like to do either for work, or to pair with bright clothing.
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Bad To The Bronze blended on the mobile lid stopping before the crease
- MAC Cork eyeshadow in the crease
- MAC Sumptious Olive eyeshadow on the mobile lid on top of Bad To The Bronze
- MAC Mystery eyeshadow to darken crease and outer third of bottom lashline for that doe eyed effect.
- Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Espresso Ink to line upper lashline and smudged into bottom lashline on the outer third.
- MAC Bronzing Powder in Bronze
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Nov 6th, 2013 in BECCA, FOTD, Lip Gloss | 90990 comments. Neutral+Makeup%3A+An+Antipodean+Beauties+Challenge2013-11-06+09%3A37%3A36myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D9099
I wore this makeup look to a friend’s birthday party when it was starting to get warmer in Melbourne. Peach and gold is a winner for sultry nights IMHO.
Keep reading after the jump!Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Nov 4th, 2013 in Bobbi Brown, Chanel, Eye shadow, FOTD | 90410 comments. Peach%2C+Black%2C+and+Gold%3A+Summertime+Party+Makeup+2013-11-04+05%3A41%3A59myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D9041
Tags: Burberry Lip Mist