I’ve been having a blast doing the May FOTD Challenge- I feel like I’ve gone to an unprecedented number of fancy dress parties over the last 3 weeks.
Cleopatra Face of the Day makeup breakdown:
– Inglot Pearl 419 (shimmery olive green) all over lid right to brow- see my review and swatches here.
– Illamasqua Surge Liquid Metal blended as browbone highlight (see review and swatches here)
– MAC plumage eyeshadow + MAC Flourish eyeshadow to create depth in other third of top lid, as well as under eyebrow near nose bridge.
– MAC Mystery eyeshadow under bottom lashline
– Urban Decay 24/7 liner in ‘zero on brows, extended out. Also used on waterline.
– Nylon on the inner part of chunky ‘winged’ eye liner. Bobbi Brown black gel liner to line top lashline and winged out.
more after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on May 22nd, 2011 in FOTD, Illamasqua, Inglot, NARS | 1985commentsMay+FOTD+Challenge%3A+Cleopatra2011-05-22+15%3A12%3A55myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D198
|Illamasqua Pure Pigment ‘Ore’ swatched wet (left) and dry (right)|
|Illamasqua Pure Pigment ‘Ore’ at different angle and blurred to show the dazzling shimmer|
Have you tried any Illamasqua pigments? What are your favourites?Posted by myfunnyvalentine on May 7th, 2011 in Eye shadow, Illamasqua, Reviews, Swatches | 1803commentsThe+amazing+Illamasqua+Ore+Pure+Pigment%3A+Review+and+Swatches2011-05-07+10%3A03%3A00myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D180
Tags: Illamasqua Ore Pigment
-MAC Blackground Paint Pot smudged on top lid and underneath bottom lashes
– MAC Omega to blend out edges on top and bottom lids
– Illamasqua Liquid Metal in ‘Surge’ to highlight inner corners
note: I actually applied some vaseline ontop of the black, but it really didn’t show up in the photos at all. Also the p/p slid around like crazy so I’m NEVER doing that in public.
-MAC Blushbaby, MAC Gingerly
-tiny big of concealor
– Hourglass Prodigy Lipgloss ‘Eden’
Upcoming looks that I’m excited about doing are ‘Geisha’, ‘Crazy Cat Lady’ (you knew I had to do that, didn’t you?), ‘Pin-Up’, ‘Cleopatra’, ‘7 Deadly Sins’, ‘Purple Haze’
Joining me and Sara-May in this insane challenge are:
Check them out!
Illamasqua Surge Liquid Metal is a warm silver with a subtle hint of light gold. It can be applied sheer to achieve a warm silver sheen or layered to get a full blown foiled metallic finish.
The Liquid Metal is a cream product, with a silky texture that glides easily onto the eye.
It doesn’t really dry down to a powder finish like some cream products (ie MAC Paint Pots, Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows) so it tends to transfer if you accidentally touch your shadow, and crease a little throughout the day. I don’t really mind this- it still looks very pretty when creased, and I bring this product with me to retouch during the day and apply with fingers.
|Hourglass Prodigy Lip Gloss ‘Eden’|
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Paula’s Choice Berry & Bright Lip Collection: Review and Swatches
September Beauty Favourites: NARS, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Jojoba Company, and more
MUSQ Skincare Reviewed: Hand Wash and Face & Body Exfoliant
Rouge Bunny Rouge Umber Firefinch Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review, FOTD
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review