The Lipstick Bandits strike again! And the brief for our international group of bandit beauty bloggers this month was to create a ‘vampy lip’ look for Fall.
I adore vampy lip colours, and Tom Ford Private Blend Lip Color in ‘Bruised Plum’ is one of my favourites. The colour is rich and deep; and the texture is perfection. I reviewed and swatched it some time ago here .
– Two Faced Shadow Insurance to prime
– Medium grey taupe Inglot Matte 376 blended all over mobile lid to crease and smudged below bottom lashline.
– Inglot light dove grey ( Inglot matte 358 )blended into the crease. It is swatched here.
– Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Black Ink to line upper and lower lashline and waterlines, extended out in a cat’s eye flick.
Illamasqua Naked Rose powder blush (review and swatches here) on apples of cheeks.
Tom Ford Private Blend Lip Color in Bruised Plum (review and swatches here)
Check out the other Lipstick Bandit takes on November Vamps!
I can’t wait to see the other looks- the Lipstick Bandits are posting simultaneously so everything is shrouded in mystery right up until the last moment. This is my little bit of excitement for the month 😛Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Nov 19th, 2012 in FOTD, Inglot, Lipstick, Lipstick Bandits | 55282commentsVampy+lips+with+Tom+Ford+Bruised+Plum%3A+a+Lipstick+Bandit+post.2012-11-19+12%3A47%3A45myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5528
A couple of weeks ago I got an email from a reader with a makeup look request- the reader, Anna, wanted me to recreate the look on the model in the image with a few tweaks to suit her complexion.
I love these requests because they get me out of my makeup comfort zone and my blogging comfort zone. What a fun look you’ve chosen Anna-great pick! It was good timing too, because I think this look would work well with a fascinator and a glass of bubbly at the Melbourne Cup Spring Racing Carnival next Tuesday.
I have pale olive skin, black hair and green eyes. I want the green to really ‘pop’.)
( I especially really like how vivid and colorful the eye makeup is, but that it still manages to look ‘soft‘, pretty and blended in (no hard lines or edges).
And lastly, for the lips, my lips are naturally a darker rose or cranberry color. So I would prefer something a slightly darker (instead of the pinkish color the model has), while still maintaining a pretty ‘flushed’ look.
I love dramatic makeup (in general), but I prefer to use as little black as possible. I like to get creative & use lots of color without looking too ‘circus-y’! ( Vibrant but soft at the same time. ) If / when you have time and think you might be able to do a step-by-step, I would be immensely grateful.
Thank you for listening & keep up the lovely work!
As you can tell, the image of the requested look has been edited with photoshop to achieve the high contrast, surreal, effect. I played around the FOTD shot above with photoshop to approximate the high contrast effect so that it gives you a rough idea of how the makeup that I’ve done changes with editing.
To be honest, I don’t think it turned out like the requested look- I’m missing some serious bottom lash action and bleached brows, but I quite like this fuschia smokey eye.
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Nov 1st, 2012 in Eye shadow, FOTD, Illamasqua, Inglot | 54840 comments. Spring+Racing+Carnival+appropriate+fuschia+smokey+eye+FOTD2012-11-01+04%3A51%3A46myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5484
Tags: Smoky Eye
Hope you’ve all had a good start to the week. I’ve just gotten back from an amazing weekend away exploring the Great Ocean Road and Warrnambool with my boyfriend, and currently daydreaming about putting a deposit on a waterfront property somewhere along there. A gal can dream, right?
Before I left, I put together a FOTD inspired by the beauty looks on Versace Spring Summer runways during Milan Fashion Week. I love a great smoky eye, and this one updates the classic smoky eye with a little bit of gold making it a great look for both day and night.
– Two faced shadow insurance to prime.
– Illamasqua ‘Wolf’ eyeshadow from the Neutral Palette (swatched and reviewed here) on the mobile lid.
– Inglot eyeshadow Matte 329 (matte dark charcoal brown reviewed and swatched here) in crease, layering for intensity in the outer V. I’ve also smudged this under the lower lashline and blended a little further down.
– MAC ‘Soba’ eyeshadow blended around the edges to soften the Inglot dark brown, and also give it a golden ‘halo’ type effect.
– Inglot eyeshadow Shine 39 (bright cool toned gold reviewed and swatched here) on the very centre of the mobile lid on top of ‘Wolf’
– Bobbi Brown Shimmer Eyeshadow in ‘Champagne’ blended in the inner corner as a highlight.
– The black and dark brown eyeliner from the Physicians formula Shimmer Strip Eyeliner trio for brown eyes (swatched and reviewed here) smudged along upper lashline and bottom lashline.
– Bobbi Brown Espresso Ink gel eyeliner to line lower waterline.
– Katy Perry falsies from Eyelure.
– Illamasqua Powder blush in ‘Naked Rose’ (reviewed and swatched here as part of the Naked Strangers collection)
– NARS Pure Matte lipstick in Bangkok (swatched and reviewed here)
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Oct 16th, 2012 in FOTD, Illamasqua, Inglot, Runway | 53550 comments. Antique+Gold+Smoky+eye+FOTD+inspired+by+Versace+S%2FS2012-10-16+03%3A33%3A47myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5355
Pat Mcgrath’s work for Christian Dior S/S Haute Couture 2012 was an understated masterpiece. Together with the sleek bobs and the 1950s inspired gowns, the models evoked an updated Grace Kelly.
I had a little play the other day- here is my version of Pat McGrath’s beauty look for Christian Dior. I decided to swap the matte natural lip of the original for a bit of golden peachy goodness, aka Hourglass Prodigy Lipgloss in Hypnotic. These photos were taken pre- hair colour.
– Marie Veronique Everyday Sheer Coverage SPF 30+ Light Tint (reviewed here)
– Lancome Teinte Idole Ultra
– Two Faced Shadow Insurance on lids to prime
– NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk blended with finger on mobile lid
– Urban Decay ‘Buck’ eyeshadow from Naked Palette in crease (swatched here)
– Urban Decay ‘Virgin’ Eyeshadow from Naked Palette (swatched here) to highlight the inner corners of the eyes.
– Inglot Matte 351 (matte warm white, swatched here.) eyeshadow blended on top of Milk on mobile lid up to crease.
– MUFE waterproof eyebrow corrector
– MAC Bronzer in Golden to contour
– MAC Cremeblend blush in Ladyblush on apples
– MAC blush in Blushbaby on top.
+ Bobbi Brown shimmerwash eyeshadow in Champagne to highlight nose bridge and top of cheekbones.
– Hourglass Prodigy lipgloss in Hypnotic (reviewed and swatched here)
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Mar 28th, 2012 in FOTD, Inglot, Runway | 41310 comments. FOTD+inspired+by+Christian+Dior+S%2FS+Haute+Couture+20122012-03-28+06%3A14%3A55myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D4131
I’ve finally gotten around to swatching the Inglot shadows I purchased at IMATS. If you haven’t tried Inglot yet, I would highly recommend that you give them a go- the quality and colour range in the eyeshadows in knock your socks off.
matte 329- matte dark brown
DS 500 – sparkly gunmetal
matte 335 – terracotta
matte 346- matte lilac
matte 368- matte apricot
keep reading after the jump!Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Nov 25th, 2011 in Eye shadow, Inglot, Swatches | 273019commentsInglot+IMATS+palette+and+how+to+depot+Inglot+shadows+with+a+magnet2011-11-25+02%3A40%3A37myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D2730
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com email@example.com
Paula’s Choice Berry & Bright Lip Collection: Review and Swatches
September Beauty Favourites: NARS, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Jojoba Company, and more
MUSQ Skincare Reviewed: Hand Wash and Face & Body Exfoliant
Rouge Bunny Rouge Umber Firefinch Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review, FOTD
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review