The makeup in this post is based on this MAC Colourizations Collection FOTD by Karen of Makeup and Beauty Blog.
– NARS Sheer Glow
– MAC Studiosculpt concealor
– MAC Constructivist Paint Pot all over lid to crease
– Inglot D.S. 504 (teal/sea blue satin finish) on inner 2/3 of mobile lid, and below bottom lashline.
– Inglot matte 358 in crease (matte medium cool grey)
– Inglot matte 329 (dark chocolate brown matte) in outer V and outer half of bottom lashline.
– MAC Blacktrack Fluidline on waterline and top lashline
– Illamasqua Androgen Cream Pigment (reviewed here)
– MAC Gingerly Blush on top
– NARS Supervixen Lipgloss
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Oct 27th, 2011 in Eye shadow, FOTD, Inglot, MAC | 23670 comments. MAC+Colourizations+inspired+teal+and+slate+grey+FOTD2011-10-27+07%3A44%3A26myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D2367
This is what I left with….
Lip Tars! They were $14.00 at IMATS so I stocked up.
– Memento: light dusty pink
– Beta: (blindingly) bright orange.
– Stalker: Watermelon red
– NSFW: True red with a very slight brown base.
From the MAC Pro store-
MAC Chromagraphic Pencil in NC15/NW20 (I was so happy to nab this because I missed getting it with the Pret A Papier collection, and the nearest MAC Pro store was a huge pain to get to).
Quite Natural Paint Pot: I bought this at IMATS because I was under the impression that it was a Pro product because of a conversation I had at a MAC counter a fortnight before this.
[at the MAC counter at Myer]
me: Do you stock Quite Natural paint pot?
MAC sales assistant: you mean, Painterly paint pot? (clearly thinking I had said ‘do you stock a quite natural p/p)
me: um.. no, I’m after Quite Natural Paint Pot.
MAC sales assistant: yes, Painterly gives a very natural look (looking at me like I’m deaf or possibly intellectually disabled)
me: Oh, no sorry I meant the actual Paint Pot called ‘Quite Natural’. I can’t see it on the display, is it a Pro product?
MAC sales assistant: It’s probably Pro or part of a previous limited edition collection.
Anyhow, turns out that it’s not a Pro product at all and I should have bought it from the MAC online store from the US like I normally do.
For Illamasqua, Inglot, and more – keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Oct 11th, 2011 in Haul, Illamasqua, Inglot, MAC, OCC cosmetics | 19201 commentThe+damage...++IMATS+Sydney+2011+Haul.2011-10-11+05%3A07%3A43myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D1920
– Inglot Pearl 414 (shimmery teal) on the mobile lid. reviewed and swatched here.
– ‘Buck’ eye shadow from Urban Decay Naked Palette blended in crease and slightly above.
– ‘Creep’ eye shadow’ from Naked Palette to darken outer 1/3rd.
– Bobbi Brown gel liner
MAC Bronzer ‘Golden’ to contour
MAC Gingerly blush on apples
-Hourglass ‘Eden’ lip gloss
In other news, my family came to visit last weekend. Dizzy was so excited to see his cuz Mango (the ginger tabby on the left) and the boys spent the weekend rumbling, tearing the place apart, and chilling out in high places.
Like on top of the fridge.
myfunnyvalentine on Jul 11th, 2011 in Dizzy, FOTD, Inglot | 9171 commentShimmery+teal+eye+for+grownups+feat.+Inglot+%28and+kittehs%21%292011-07-11+11%3A45%3A02myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D917
For today’s FOTD Challenge, I really did think about coming up with a crazy look involving psychedelic face paint and a Jimmi Hendricks ‘fro, for about 5 minutes
Instead I decided to do a wearable purple smokey eye that is more office than woodstock.
Face of the Day Makeup Breakdown:
– Urban Decay Primer Potion
– Inglot eye shadow in Pearl 434, a shimmery cool purple grey (from the palette that I reviewed and swatched yesterday)
– Smashbox single eye shadow ‘Cabernet’ (satin finish deep eggplant colour) in outer V and under bottom lashline.
– UD 24/7 liner in Zero top lashline and waterline.
– MAC Omega eye shadow to blend harsh lines in crease and below lashline.
– Illamasqua Liquid Metal ‘Surge’ bottom lashline near inner corner.
MAC Fleur Power blush
-Chanel Rouge Coco Shine ‘Boy’
My goodness I love Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy!! I promise I will review this very soon.
To find out more about the May FOTD Challenge, and about the other players, go to my first Challenge post here.Posted by myfunnyvalentine on May 26th, 2011 in Chanel, FOTD, Illamasqua, Inglot | 32817commentsMay+FOTD+Challenge-+Purple+Haze+2011-05-26+23%3A57%3A47myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D328
When I was in Sydney last weekend, I made a trip to Inglot in Chatswood, and picked up a 5 round pan eye shadow freedom palette. I chose the packaging with the mirror rather than the magnet enclosure because it is much lighter, and a mirror always comes in handy.
The colours are (from left):
Pearl 414 (dark shimmery blue green)
Pearl 418 (shimmery forest green)
matte 372 (matte light teal/mint)
Pearl 434 (shimmery gunmetal/cool purple)
Pearl 446 (shimmery grape purple)
See the swatches after the jump!Posted by myfunnyvalentine on May 26th, 2011 in Eye shadow, Inglot, Reviews, Swatches | 3122commentsInglot+freedom+system+5+pan+palette-+greens+and+purples2011-05-26+03%3A39%3A01myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D312
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com email@example.com
Paula’s Choice Berry & Bright Lip Collection: Review and Swatches
September Beauty Favourites: NARS, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Jojoba Company, and more
MUSQ Skincare Reviewed: Hand Wash and Face & Body Exfoliant
Rouge Bunny Rouge Umber Firefinch Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review, FOTD
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review