I’ve been having a blast doing the May FOTD Challenge- I feel like I’ve gone to an unprecedented number of fancy dress parties over the last 3 weeks.
Cleopatra Face of the Day makeup breakdown:
– Inglot Pearl 419 (shimmery olive green) all over lid right to brow- see my review and swatches here.
– Illamasqua Surge Liquid Metal blended as browbone highlight (see review and swatches here)
– MAC plumage eyeshadow + MAC Flourish eyeshadow to create depth in other third of top lid, as well as under eyebrow near nose bridge.
– MAC Mystery eyeshadow under bottom lashline
– Urban Decay 24/7 liner in ‘zero on brows, extended out. Also used on waterline.
– Nylon on the inner part of chunky ‘winged’ eye liner. Bobbi Brown black gel liner to line top lashline and winged out.
more after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on May 22nd, 2011 in FOTD, Illamasqua, Inglot, NARS | 1985commentsMay+FOTD+Challenge%3A+Cleopatra2011-05-22+15%3A12%3A55myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D198
I had a lot of fun doing this look for Sara May‘s May FOTD Challenge series. Check out her blog for her Challenge FOTDs (which are both inspiring and very humbling for me).
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on May 5th, 2011 in Ellis Faas, FOTD, Inglot, NARS | 1773commentsMay+FOTD+Challenge%3A+Geisha2011-05-05+07%3A55%3A00myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D177
When I first saw the gorgeous Inglot Matte 382 (a vibrant reddish pink) I bought it because it reminded me of Geisha makeup (which I absolutely LOVE). I knew it would come in handy! Like all Inglot shadows that I own, it is very pigmented but applies like silk and blends like a dream- so it can easily be used as a blusher.
And of course, I must mention that the Ellis Faas creamy lips in Ellis Red (L101) is a red lipstick lover’s wet dream. TMI?
-NARS Smudgeproof eye shadow base
– Inglot e/s 382 (matte reddish pink) on lids and temples ( see review/swatches here )
– Bobbi Brown gel eye liner black
– Smashbox single eye shadow ‘champagne’ on inner third of top lid, and inner corners.
– MAC Carbon for brows
– MAC Mylar e/s (I scraped some off and used a powder brush to apply to my face, mostly in the centre)
– NARS Sheer Glow ‘Fiji’
– Ellis Faas Creamy Lips L101 to draw dots above eyebrows.
– NARS Sheer Glow ‘Fiji’ to erase lips
– Ellis Faas Creamy Lips L101 (Ellis Red) drawn in exaggerated pucker
– MAC pigmented ‘Jardin Aires’ highlight cupid’s bow.
On Tuesday I did the ‘Rock Chic’ challenge, and coming up we have ‘Crazy Cat Lady’, ‘Cleopatra’, ‘Pin Up’, ‘Bold Lips’ and lots more so stay tuned!
– Inglot eye shadow Pearl #421 on lid and lower lash line (for swatches and review click here)
– MAC cork in crease
– MAC mystery to darken outer third of top and bottom lids.
-MAC Bronzer in Golden to contour
-MAC blush in Gingerly lightly on apples of cheeks.
– A bit of concealor to neutralize lip colour
– clear gloss on top.
|from left: AMC Shadow 63, Pearl 451, Pearl 421, Shine 49, Pearl 433″|
|Inglot eye shadow swatches from left: AMC 63, Pearl 451, Pearl 421, shine 49, Pearl 433|
AMC 63 (matte black): very pigmented and smooth to apply. It blows MAC Carbon out of the water.
Pearl 451 (shimmery dark bluish gunmetal): again, pigmented and smooth. A beautiful sophisticated colour for a smokey eye. This is my favourite colour in the palette.
Pearl 421 (metallic rust colour): In the swatches it looks a lot more bronze for some reason, but it has definite reddish burgundy undertones. Reasonably pigmented and buttery smooth.
Shine 49 (cool toned metallic gold): not as pigmented as the others, but buttery smooth texture.
Pearl 433 (metallic green-tinged gold): reasonably pigmented and buttery smooth.
|Inglot Eye shadows: Pearl 451, Pearl 421|
|Inglot eye shadows: Shine 49, Pearl 433|
Inglot lipstick #163:
This is a rusty red colour with a satin finish. It is fairly pigmented and lasts about 4hrs on me, leaving behind a pretty stain as it wears off. I don’t find this drying, but it doesnt really add any moisture to my lips.
It has a strong synthetic perfume-ish scent which I don’t particularly like, so those with sensitive noses may have an issue with this.
This cost me $25 AUD, which in my opinion is not as good value as their eye shadows considering I can get a MAC lipstick for $16.50 and a Chanel lipstick for $35 if I order from the US. ?
|Inglot lipstick # 163|
|swatches Left: NARS Heat Wave Right: Inglot lipstick 163|
My only beef with Inglot products is the numbering system. I hate the fact that these shadows are given a number instead of a name- not only does it make it difficult for buyers to remember what they saw in reviews but it also cheapens the product a little.
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Feb 6th, 2011 in Eye shadow, Inglot, Lipstick, Reviews, Swatches | 10222commentsInglot+haul+and+swatches%3A+5+shadow+freedom+palette+and+a+lippy%212011-02-06+05%3A41%3A00myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D102
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com email@example.com
Paula’s Choice Berry & Bright Lip Collection: Review and Swatches
September Beauty Favourites: NARS, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Jojoba Company, and more
MUSQ Skincare Reviewed: Hand Wash and Face & Body Exfoliant
Rouge Bunny Rouge Umber Firefinch Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review, FOTD
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review