For me, summer is the time to experiment with obnoxiously bright lip products that I might shy away from the rest of the year. I also like laid back, no fuss lip products- especially those that don’t require constant reapplication during the day. Here are some faves…
The perfect shmexy petal pink in that awesome Beach Tint super matte finish.
I don’t think there has been a single summer for the last 5 years where I haven’t worn Heat Wave most weekends. One of my all time favourite bright reds.
A new love! Great for days when you don’t have time to put on much makeup. This + bronzer= instant glam.
Really easy to wear colour, in a long lasting gloss stain formula that we all fell in love with when these came out.
Bridget Bardot lips. Seriously sexy caramel nude.Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Dec 9th, 2013 in Lip Gloss, Lipstick, Reviews | 93000 comments. Summer+Lips%3A+My+Top+5+2013-12-09+10%3A26%3A20myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D9300
Hello from Canberra!
A few months ago, when I was still living in Melbourne, I went to a charity masquerade ball. It was my first masked ball, so of course I was pretty excited about coming up with a hair and makeup look for the night. I like the idea of a dark vampy lip worn with a venetian mask- there’s a bit of drama and mystery to the vampy lip that I think works well here. I regret not taking a picture of my mask- it’s a black lacy looking cats eye thing.
This YSL Glossy Stain lasted me all night through eating and drinking, it really is phenomenal in terms of longevity.
- MAC Quite Natural Paint Pot blended all over the mobile lid to crease and applied under the lower lashline
- Wolf eyeshadow (an antique gold with olive undertone) from the Illamasqua Neutral Palette applied to the mobile lid with a dense stiff eyeshadow brush stopping just before the crease.
- Vintage eyeshadow (dark matte chocolate brown) from the Neutral Palette used to define and darken the outer V.
- MAC Gold pigment applied to the bottom part of the upper lid (closest to the lashline).
- MAC Cork eyeshadow in crease.
- Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Espresso Ink to line upper lashline and darken outer third of bottom lashline
- MAC Gingerly blush
- MAC Bronzing Powder in Bronze.
- Bobbi Brown Champagne eyeshadow to highlight cupid’s bow.
Have you been to a masked/masquerade ball before? I’d love to hear about what makeup you wore in the comments
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Nov 27th, 2013 in Eye shadow, FOTD, Illamasqua, Lip Gloss | 90550 comments. Masked+Ball+Makeup+featuring+YSL+Violet+Edition+Glossy+Stain+2013-11-27+06%3A16%3A41myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D9055
If you haven’t already noticed, I’m a big fan of the Becca Ultimate Colour Glosses. They have a gorgeous colour range, and have a feather light, non sticky texture that feels great on the lips all day. The standout shade for me out of the 7 shades I’ve tried is still Berry Twist- for it’s incredible pigmentation and wear time.
I was given the opportunity to review 4 colours from the Becca Ultimate Colour Gloss range- Malibu Punch, Flamingo Crush, Palm Breeze, and Autumn Punch. I’ve also purchased the shade ‘Hummingbird’ so keep and eye out for the upcoming review.
Price: $42 Aus rrp, $33.60 at Ry.com.au
Malibu Punch is a bright tangerine orange. It looks quite intense and pigmented on application, but becomes a little more muted and ‘natural’ looking after being on the lips for over 10mins. I love how it looks with neutral eye makeup and some bronzer.
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Nov 13th, 2013 in BECCA, FOTD, Lip Gloss, Reviews, Swatches | 89540 comments. BECCA+Ultimate+Colour+Gloss+in+Palm+Breeze%2C+Flamingo+Crush%2C+Malibu+Punch%2C+Autumn+Punch%2C+2013-11-13+04%3A10%3A24myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D8954
I have an unhealthy addiction to sepia toned makeup- and have a rather large collection of taupe lip products. Too many Burberry ads? Perhaps. The Becca Ultimate Colour Gloss in Autumn Punch is the newest addition, and I adore it.
For the latest Antipodean Beauties makeup challenge, we had to create a neutral makeup look- so I cheated and used an image from an upcoming blog post featuring my new Becca Ultimate Colour Gloss acquisitions (courtesy, of Ry.com.au – thanks guys). This is a pretty typical neutral look I like to do either for work, or to pair with bright clothing.
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Bad To The Bronze blended on the mobile lid stopping before the crease
- MAC Cork eyeshadow in the crease
- MAC Sumptious Olive eyeshadow on the mobile lid on top of Bad To The Bronze
- MAC Mystery eyeshadow to darken crease and outer third of bottom lashline for that doe eyed effect.
- Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Espresso Ink to line upper lashline and smudged into bottom lashline on the outer third.
- MAC Bronzing Powder in Bronze
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Nov 6th, 2013 in BECCA, FOTD, Lip Gloss | 90990 comments. Neutral+Makeup%3A+An+Antipodean+Beauties+Challenge2013-11-06+09%3A37%3A36myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D9099
There has been a tremendous amount of buzz around the Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers (released in the US as Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer). These are a satin finish liquid lipstick formula.
1. Stargazer – fine golden shimmer (sheer- medium pigmentation)
2. Nude Eclipse- pale beige nude (medium pigmentation)
3. Phenomenon – pale pinky beige nude (medium pigmentation)
4. Solstice – mauve toned rose with fine peach shimmer (medium pigmentation)
5. Celestial – dusty pink (opaque in one swipe)
6. Nova - bubblegum pink ( opaque in one swipe)
7. Apocalyptic - magenta pink (opaque in one swipe)
9. Stellar- bright neon red. This is a hard colour to describe because it tends to lean pink in some lighting and orange in others. (opaque in one swipe)
Keep reading after the jump!Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Aug 22nd, 2013 in Drugstore, Lip Gloss, Lipstick, Reviews, Swatches | 81610 comments. Rimmel+Apocalips+Lip+Lacquer%3A+Review+and+Swatches2013-08-22+02%3A28%3A46myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D8161