For today’s installment of Lipstick Bandits goodness- we bring you coral lips from our bandit bloggers around the world. As I was planning the post, I realised that I hardly touched any of my coral lippies throughout the Spring and Summer just gone, so it was a nice change bringing my MAC See Sheer out for a night on the town.
MAC See Sheer is a lustre finish lipstick. It is a peachy coral colour with medium to full pigmentation and a subtle glossy sheen- as with most MAC lustre finish lippies, See Sheer has a comfortable balmy feel on the lips and is non drying.
For a second I thought about making a pun in the title involving ‘Golden Eyes’ and ‘See Sheer’. I couldn’t think of anything that wasn’t totally lame so I will have to find another blog title to pun. One day!
You may have noticed that the lighting looks different in these images. I’m experimenting with artificial lighting to extend my useful blog photography hours to past daylight- the days are getting shorter and shorter here in Australia and most days it is dark when I get up in the morning, and getting dark by the time I get home from work. These pictures were taken in my tiny bathroom with some hand held reflectors to help with the shadows. I’m struggling to get the level of clarity that I get with daylight even with manual focus on the DSLR but I suppose it’s better than not taking the pictures at all.
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Apr 15th, 2013 in FOTD, Illamasqua, Inglot, Lipstick, Lipstick Bandits, MAC | 70380 comments. Golden+Eyes+and+Coral+Lips%3A+A+Lipstick+Bandits+FOTD+2013-04-15+13%3A58%3A23myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D7038
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and the Lipstick Bandits have decided to each do a V day inspired lip.
My favourite style of makeup for Valentine’s Day is fresh, natural, and feminine- with most of the attention focused on the lips. For this FOTD I used the Ellis Faas Creamy Lips, which have a texture halfway between a lipstick and a lip stain. This makes them lightweight, and fairly transfer proof (ie. practically made for kissing ).
- NARS Grand Palais Duo (dusty pink side of the duo) blended all over top lids.
- MAC Copperplate eyeshadow blended on top of the Grand Palais to tone down some of the pink.
- MAC Chromagraphic pencil (light nude) NW15/NC 25 on waterline
- Individual lashes placed on the outer corner of top lashline.
- MAC Bronzer in ‘Bronze’ to contour
- MAC Gingerly blush on apples
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Feb 4th, 2013 in Ellis Faas, Eye shadow, FOTD, Lipstick Bandits | 63730 comments. Valentine%27s+Day+Makeup%3A+A+Lipstick+Bandits+Post2013-02-04+00%3A58%3A23myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D6373
Today the Lipstick Bandit cohort of beauty bloggers unveil their exciting FOTD makeup looks inspired by another member of the Bandits. I’m terribly excited because up until the moment this post is published, each member’s assigned look is shrouded in complete secrecy- the only living person who knows which bandit is doing which look is our Bandit leader Rae of The Notice.
A month ago, I was sent an
I based my look swap on this post, which is one of my favourite looks from Xiao.
Ms Messy Wands had a penchant for deep plummy lips, and through her I discovered the Make Up For Ever Waterproof Lip Liner in the merlot coloured #13C- which turns out to be the perfect base for a long lasting vampy lip.
I bought my MUFE Lip Liner from StrawberryNet since I don’t know of any MUFE retailers in Melbourne.
She also has the most amazing razor sharp model cheekbones, which I tried my best to carve out with some bronzer. I think plastic surgery would work better, but that would be overly creepy in that Single White Female way.
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Dec 24th, 2012 in FOTD, Lip Gloss, Lipstick Bandits, YSL | 60310 comments. Lipstick+Bandits+Look+Swap%3A+Vampy+Berry+Lip+A+La+Xiao+of+Messy+Wands2012-12-24+12%3A55%3A31myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D6031
Tags: Red Lipstick
The Lipstick Bandits strike again! And the brief for our international group of bandit beauty bloggers this month was to create a ‘vampy lip’ look for Fall.
I adore vampy lip colours, and Tom Ford Private Blend Lip Color in ‘Bruised Plum’ is one of my favourites. The colour is rich and deep; and the texture is perfection. I reviewed and swatched it some time ago here .
- Two Faced Shadow Insurance to prime
- Medium grey taupe Inglot Matte 376 blended all over mobile lid to crease and smudged below bottom lashline.
- Inglot light dove grey ( Inglot matte 358 )blended into the crease. It is swatched here.
- Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Black Ink to line upper and lower lashline and waterlines, extended out in a cat’s eye flick.
Illamasqua Naked Rose powder blush (review and swatches here) on apples of cheeks.
Tom Ford Private Blend Lip Color in Bruised Plum (review and swatches here)
Check out the other Lipstick Bandit takes on November Vamps!
I can’t wait to see the other looks- the Lipstick Bandits are posting simultaneously so everything is shrouded in mystery right up until the last moment. This is my little bit of excitement for the monthPosted by myfunnyvalentine on Nov 19th, 2012 in FOTD, Inglot, Lipstick, Lipstick Bandits | 55280 comments. Vampy+lips+with+Tom+Ford+Bruised+Plum%3A+a+Lipstick+Bandit+post.2012-11-19+12%3A47%3A45myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5528
It seems that every time I blog about a ‘nude’ a product I feel e need to make the post title more and more cheeky. Indulge me if you can.
So this September, it was decided at BanditHQ (aka twitter) that we were going to bring you posts of our favorite nudes. If you haven’t previously read one of our Lipstick Bandit posts, you are in for a treat as the Bandit group of beauty bloggers around the world simultaneously post on the subject du jour. We each have different personal styles and skin tones so you will get a unique perspective from each blog.
The nude lipstick featured here with a smokey eye is NARS Tzigane (swatched here as part of my NARS lipstick collection). Tzigane is one of my all time favourite nude shades and something that I feel goes perfectly with almost any look. It’s not a super pale nude- more of a MLBB peachy toned nude which I feel suits my skin tone best (pale nudes like MAC Myth lipstick makes me look like the walking dead).
NARS Tzigane is moderately pigmented with a subtle glossy finish and wears comfortably on the lips. Love love love it.
- Two faced shadow insurance to prime lids
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Bejewelled Skylark eyeshadow (swatched and reviewed here) blended on mobile lid to crease, and extended out a little towards the temples.
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Bejewelled Skylark eyeshadow smudged under bottom lashline.
- MAC Omega eyeshadow to blend any harsh edges around the RBR eyeshadow
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Bronze applied to the inner corners of eyes and tear duct area as a highlight. I used the pinkish shades for the beautiful pink quartz coloured shimmer which goes so well with Tzigane and the burgundy tones in the RBR eyeshadow.
- MAC Blacktrack Fluidline to line upper and bottom lashlines and waterline.
- Majorca Majolica Lash Expander Plus fiber mascara.
- MAC Golden Bronzer to contour
- MAC Blushbaby powder blush on apples (swatched here forever and a day ago)
Keep reading after the jump!
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Sep 24th, 2012 in Bobbi Brown, FOTD, Lipstick, Lipstick Bandits, NARS | 51740 comments. Smoking+in+the+nude%3A+A+Lipstick+Bandits+post2012-09-24+12%3A59%3A23myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5174
Tags: Lipstick Bandits